Music City Hype!

Having seen just about every world class show at this point, I can honestly say our book is right up there with the top 12 in world. In fact, there are not many musical books that are harder than what we are asking our kids to play.

TJ,

I guess my last post to you was more in reference to this statement then anything else, which is why I suggested to keep facts and opinions seperated. I can not see any open class corp music difficulty coming close to a world class top 8 corps. The age differences and experience alone prohibit that. Difficulty is usually subjective anyway.

However, the rest of my comments were regarding how long it takes to become an organization that long distance members come to. It takes a consistent staff and success to grow a program. To attract better talent, unfortunately requires higher acheivement. (placement) I have no doubt that if MC slowly builds its program and developes a sound system that it can become a great drum corps. It is very difficult to make the jump from Open class to world class and become competitive. Take a look at Jersey Surf, Teal Sound and some of the others who have made the jump. It is not easy to crack the top 12 in world class. I am not saying it cannot be done and be in the top 12. I would be very excited for MC if it does make it to that level. I just know it it takes a lot of time and patients.

Best of luck with the rest of this season and keep on working hard.

See you in Michigan City

• Like 3

Revolution scored a 84 at their last show. Music City a 75. And Revo is smaller.

Even though scores don't matter to you, you are really putting your corp on a pedestal. To say the musical package of the program is TOP 12 in world class? I cant see that sorry. I've seen the show live and it is not as demanding as Colts, Academy, Pacific Crest or Cascades.

Edited by griego4m
  • Like 2

Music City has been scoring low because they've been judged on World Class sheets at all their previous shows. Tomorrow is their first all Open Class show. I'm curious how they will score.

Music City has been scoring low because they've been judged on World Class sheets at all their previous shows. Tomorrow is their first all Open Class show. I'm curious how they will score.

Are you sure about that? Just a week ago, they competed against the Oregon Crusaders and lost by 10 points...are you saying that they were judged on a WC sheet and the Crusaders were not?

Why would DCI do that? Anyone have confirmation?

Cali.

• Like 1

Um, no. They haven't sorry to break it to ya.

• Like 1

Music City has been judged on Open Class sheets. Sorry, but numbers do not equal high scores. It is a very good base for the corps to improve in future years, but you must have patience.

• Like 1

Nice work tonight MC. Still in the finals hunt!

Rumor has it Music City was told they were too loud at their last show. I didn't realize there was a TOO LOUD in drum corps!blink.gif

Perhaps their dynamic level wasn't appropriate for what they were playing? Musicality is a very important part of performing.

• Like 1