What show do you love that everyone else hates?

I have been pondering some more....

2001 Cadets

2001 BD

1991 Crossmen

1991 BD

1995 PR

1979 Troopers

I agree w/ '95 regiment. I liked that show. Piano Concerto as percussion break was a good idea. I also liked Dev's '10. History's wildest avant guard Jazz hornbook.

Blue Devils 1995

Thought it should have won, still do

They went into finals week undefeated, people were high on the Cavies or Cadets so were happy to have it kicked aside, many thought the show was too dark and weird

The ballad is balls

I agree with all of this.

I'll also toss my vote behind Cadets 2006. Nowhere NEAR the level of execution reached in 2005, but from a DESIGN standpoint I like 2006 better.

I keep seeing SCV 2005 mentioned. While I do love that percussion feature and the end of the Shostakovich Symphony #12 section, their hornline was SO BAD in that show it makes me cringe. They just never learned how to tune to one another the whole summer, and some of the impact chords make my teeth itch.

1991 Cadets - The ABCs of Modern American Music. I can watch that show over and over and over again!

Let's see I could say quite a few shows fit that, here's a few.

1991 BD- lowest placing show, who cares intense music, loved it.

1993 BD- lots of park and blows messy drill, ###### soloists and killer music!!

2001- SCV- short ride in fast machine, lullaby interrupted by major hornline hit.... Oh SCV where have u gone, that show was dark enough for me!

2000 Phantom- drill was still lacking, but the hornline was not great music and great show!

2002 BK- probably the most deserving corps to make finals in history that didn't! First of the dark years, evil stuff!!

1994 Phantom- best ballad of all time??? Claire de lune, maybe cool show amazing music

Just a few of my favorites that maybe weren't favorites for others

Wes P

BK 97 98

• Like 2

I'll ditto this

I ditto your ditto about '89 Spirit. That was one Hell of a drumline, not that I am in any way biased.

Phantom '08 obligatory joke

Bloo '09 -- not sure that everyone hates it, but I've seen a lot of people talking like it was some super-weak year for some reason. Closer was one of my favorite moments that year. Percussion was solid, too.

Cadets '10 -- for real. Maybe 'cause I love the source material and don't mind cheese or cute.

Crown '06 -- from what I've seen this show has a kind of strong "underground" support so it's not universally hated but it seems to be love-it/hate-it

Glassmen '09

I abhor Crown 06, especially did over the season while we competed with them. Especially that bando "jam out", but they were a good corps

Phantom 04 - Apasionada 874

BAC 06 - Cathedrals of the Mind

Crown 06 - In.Trance.it

Cadets 06 - Volume 2: Through the Looking Glass

Glassmen 01 - Imago

Crossmen 04 - UNITY

Bluecoats 05 - Caravan

Star of Indiana 93 - Music of Barber and Bartok (Medea)

Phantom 89 - New World Symphony

Madison 04 - Madisonic

Cavies 05 - My Kind of Town

Crown 07 - Triple Crown

SCV 06 - Moto Perpetuo

SCV 03 - Pathways

Cadets 04 - Living With the Past: Music of Jethro Tull

SCV 05 - Russia: Revolution/Evolution: 1917-1991

Phantom 07 - On Air

BD 01 - Awayday Blue

BD 00 - Methods of Madness

Cavies 03 - Spin Cycle

***Final List****

Thank you for liking BAC 06, I still think it was a terrible show and corps

Cadets 2007

-Just an amazing show WITH the narration. That's right. I liked the narration.

Blue Devils 2009

-I loved this show so much, I wanted to buy a chair just like theirs.

Man... I wonder if there's a "What show do you dislike that everyone loves?" topic. I would have more shows on my list for that topic.

Edited by chris banas

1991 Cadets - The ABCs of Modern American Music. I can watch that show over and over and over again!

Ditto.

91 Cadets was one of the first shows I ever saw live (DCI East at 14 years old).

And as far as one part of this show I can watch over and over again- ( ie: where I am hitting the rewind button)- Short Ride in a Fast Machine.

Drill. All Tenors. Color Guard Toss...Big Hit. Goosebumps every time.

The ballad in the show.....beautiful....and I think underrated when we think of best drum corps ballads.

Although, visually, I still don't get what the kid being left out had to do with the overall theme of the show??

Fanfare, Fugue, and Riffs.....A bit long. but I love the snake drill. Also the park and bark/ throw down at the end. Not typical Cadets ending....but cool.

Others..

Colts 2008....probably not on anyones radar for hate..but I did read something once that the show took a long time to evolve and maybe wasn't the best product. I may be alone...but I love it the way it is. Especially the opener -Night and Day owns.

Cadets 86

SCV 05

SCV 93

Magic of Orlando 94

Phantom 2004

Blue Devils 99 and 01

Blue Devils 2010. I guess didn't sit well with lots of folks, or so it seemed, at least judging by the off-season chatter here on DCP. But for my $.02 it was the most fantastic, and certainly the most ambitious, program ever put on the field, and the level of achievement/degree of performance excellence made it that much more unbelievable. I've not been a big BD honk over the years, but I thought last year's show was outrageous, off the charts.

Peace - looking forward to a great season,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5