What show do you love that everyone else hates?

1989 Spirit (the music, not the unis).

Spirit 1988? Petroucka? Stravinsky on the field. Yes, those unis were a bit "clingy" but Spirit really paved the way for introducing unconventional musical choices with that show.

2005 Blue Devils- Check out the drums. I loved the show concept too. In Reverse!

2006 Cadets- The drill and music was unreal! Great drum feature. I loved the Alice in Wonderland theme too.

Also agree with both of these, 2005 BD was one of the ones that I was trying to remember but couldn't. YOWZA!

Maybe not hated but certainly underrated: Madison Scouts 2003 and Madison Scouts 2007 (15th place) - Led Zeppelin's Kashmir? Yes, Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. (Seriously, I'm not a Madison homer).

'03 Scouts is one of my favorite shows -- I don't think it's hated but it gets very little love.

Edit: hhhnnnnnggg listening to it now. If you have it, jump to the 5 minute mark. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Stryfe

cavaliers 2005. alot of people i know never cared for that show. i loved it!

YES. I so agree!

BD 1999 also. I don't know if it's hated, but I hardly ever hear anything about it. The "Powerhouse" piece was absolutely incredible. Ahh! Just writing/thinking about this show makes me want to listen to it again. It's so good & my all time-favorite! :music:

• Like 3

I like Jay Murphy's drill designs, I'm frequently called a fool for liking "non effective" drill. So that gives me many seasons of the Blue Devils but I really like 08,10.

Oh... I forgot the mother of love/hate shows: 93 Star is the greatest ever.

Edited by CloudHype
  • Like 5

Cadets 2004

The Jethro Tull show.... one of my favorites of all time. It is so musical and exciting at the same time. And... that brass line sounds phenomenal. For those who have the original Tour of Champions "studio" recordings done after finals.... this corps sounds absolutely professional.

• Like 2

i did. i said both of them.

Yes! BD 2010. The harmonic tension that horn book produced was amazing. One of the handful of DCI shows I am proud to make my classical and jazz professional friends watch and listen to. They're impressed that a group of young adults under age 22 could grasp such a concept much less do it while moving (well, kinda).