What show do you love that everyone else hates?

I don't think anything happens because of the red and greens. Truly, I've just been surprised at posts (other's as well as mine) that are marked red. I've even seen posts that were purely factual (one was a tech support kind of thing) get reds.

You can interpret that surprise as caring I suppose...I wouldn't.

I would like to see someone say they care about the marks, because the DCP cool table doesn't care what anyone has to say about them.

I think the marks are fun!!!!!

And I liked Cadets 1999.

Edited by WOOHOO
  • Like 1

C'mon now, you HAVE to spill the beans on the "worst performance", it sounds funny!

Joliet Kingsmen, 1892, Hanson Park, Chicago. Their first performance ever. The average age looked about 8. And they sounded about the same.

Racine Scouts, 1982, Whitewater A Day. I blame the staff for this one. Ill-prepared. unsure, sets didn't hit, bad notes int he hornline.

What do they have in common? They didn't dog it, they went out and DID IT. So, no hate from me. Or from anyone, I would guess.

"For never anything can be amiss

When simpleness and duty tender it."

-Shakespeare

I would like to see someone say they care about the marks, because the DCP cool table doesn't care what anyone has to say about them.

I think the marks are fun!!!!!

And I liked Cadets 1999.

LOL Glad you think they're fun.

It's just hard for me to care overly much that folks I don't know, who I'll likely never meet (and might not identify them as a DCP user if I did happen to meet them) didn't like something I wrote.

I do enjoy giving folks green pluses...but found you can only give so many before it gives an error message.

Anyone know how many green pluses we get a day?

Oh and I liked Cadets '99 as well :music:

LOL Glad you think they're fun.

It's just hard for me to care overly much that folks I don't know, who I'll likely never meet (and might not identify them as a DCP user if I did happen to meet them) didn't like something I wrote.

I do enjoy giving folks green pluses...but found you can only give so many before it gives an error message.

Anyone know how many green pluses we get a day?

Oh and I liked Cadets '99 as well :music:

The negative also have a limit. I've found limits on both, but since it is arbitrary, I don't see why there should be.

'04 Cadets-I am a little biased, because I love Jethro Tull...BUT STILL! It was a fantastic show that I think a lot of people counted out early the same way people counted out '07 Cavies early.

'04 Scouts-Whether or not it sounded great, the ending is possibly he most passionate thing I have ever seen. Those members, and that drum major LOVED what they were doing.

Being that this is DCP I guess it would have to be Blue Devils any show any year. ;)

I dont think that's fair. DCP loves a lot of BD shows pre-05, and even up through 08.. its 09-11, especially 10-11 that DCP has an extreme dislike for. And its not just DCP, ive seen similar reactions on fb statuses and in the theaters.

As for my own underrated show, i'll go with SCV 05. Love the music for that show.

Edited by AlexL

Cadets (maybe I'll do other corps later):

There are two shows I come close to loving that I think most other people either hate or look past with disinterest: 1999 and 2004.

--1999: I can listen to this show all day. It's VERY exciting. Great guard, too, and some really great drill moments. I never had a problem with the taxi cab doors, or the tarp skylines.

--2004: Great, full, warm sound from that hornline. First half of the show is really great, but the show loses steam with the curtain calls section, IMO. I agree with a previous poster -- it's just about their last FANTASTIC, truly CADETS guard (2005 probably being the last, though 2009 was very good). I miss those guard sections, I hope we see them again.

There are some others that I think I have a much higher opinion of than most people, but I don't love them:

--1986: Every time I think about 1986, I don't have good thoughts. BUT, every time I actually listen to it, I mostly enjoy it! On the Waterfront was great. It's a shame that they cut down the guard, but the consequence was some really THICK brass moments! The closing-gate drill movement is classic.

--1988: It didn't have much OOMPH, but it was performed VERY well by brass and percussion. The precision is just great. I can actually hum a lot of it.

--2006: I personally think the jumping off tables business was a really great moment, and the ballad is GOOSEBUMPS, especially with that guard work! Not crazy about the Jim's New World opener, or the closer.

--2008: I hate most of the narration, but underneath there are some really great musical and drill moments. At finals, I wanted to throw babies and money at the last couple minutes!

• Like 1

Cavaliers 2009. I honestly like 2009 better than 2008 from the cavaliers. Hated the brass book for the 2008 season.