Newsflash: Velvet Knights Alumni Corps is open to all!

BigDale

Yes, the VKAC is open to all drum corps folks 21 and over! The corps' 2011 repertoire includes the Velvet Knight Classics: Brazil, Peter Gunn, Magical Mystery Tour, Faber College Theme Song and The Lonely Shepherd. So if you have always dreamed of wearing the red Vans and the red Hawaiian, VK has a place for you! Please contact Scott Moreno scottsmoreno@yahoo.com Email our director for more info!

Surf's Up!

Edited by BigDale

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the VKAC is open to all drum corps folks 21 and over! The corps' 2011 repertoire includes the Velvet Knight Classics: Brazil, Peter Gunn, Magical Mystery Tour, Faber College Theme Song and The Lonely Shepherd. So if you have always dreamed of wearing the red Vans and the red Hawaiian, VK has a place for you! Please contact Scott Moreno scottsmoreno@yahoo.com Email our director for more info!

Surf's Up!

Sigh! I wish I was on the west coast.....AGAIN!

Good luck!

Good luck!

I'm very proud to be a member of the corps.

Good luck!

You can do it. I fly in from Milwaukee. Next gig is at the Walnut show July 2. Alumni picnic that afternoon. We then play the opening ceremonies for the Orange County Fair in Costa Mesa on July 15. Practices are on Sundays, with some sectionals added in there too. We are set up to accommodate out of towners, with access to online music and links to purchase all your uniform parts.

This is going to be a blast!

Edited by BigDale

You can do it. I fly in from Milwaukee. Next gig is at the Walnut show July 2. Alumni picnic that afternoon. We then play the opening ceremonies for the Orange County Fair in Costa Mesa on July 15. Practices are on Sundays, with some sectionals added in there too. We are set up to accommodate out of towners, with access to online music and links to purchase all your uniform parts.

Membership is inexpensive for the charter year, only $25.

I'm an OTR truck driver. I can't even make the Thunderbird Alumni gigs in my hometown! Really missing it lately. Got my Kanstul Sop in the truck with me and break out a little "Elks Parade" every now and then!

I'm an OTR truck driver. I can't even make the Thunderbird Alumni gigs in my hometown! Really missing it lately. Got my Kanstul Sop in the truck with me and break out a little "Elks Parade" every now and then!

We have a member (sop/screamer) that's also a truck driver too. With his schedule I'm amazed that he can fit us in whenever he can. Love that you're playing still.

Just heard a funny story from a VK alumni that once got pulled over fir DWD (driving while drumming), so be careful! :bigsmile:

Considering driving down from Vegas.

You wouldn't be the only one. We have two others from LV. Maybe we should start a carpool. :cool:

You wouldn't be the only one. We have two others from LV. Maybe we should start a carpool. :cool:

I just realized the names of the other two members from Vegas start with the letter G too.