Wow moments.

Cavies final hit of Nature Boy. The trumpet and bari/mello plays the resolving note alone for a second and some tension is building and then...BAM!

The trading of drum riffs in the Cadets show right before the battle sequence.

House is not a home for BD. Good stuff right there.

The first note of SCV.

Those fast horn licks in Blue Stars show.

Many more to come.

• Like 1

not trying to bash anything, but upside down tenors don't seem that special.

watch around the 0:28 second mark......kind of makes upside down seem less extreme......that being said the Cavie thing is still really cool

not trying to bash anything, but upside down tenors don't seem that special.

A lot of people don't seem to realize a great majority drum tricks over the years originated in WGI, including both upside-down tenors and the balancing-act bass-break -- blew my mind when NCA pulled it off, though I have to give Cavies credit for pulling it off on a field instead of a gym floor. :thumbup:

• Like 2

A lot of people don't seem to realize a great majority drum tricks over the years originated in WGI, including both upside-down tenors and the balancing-act bass-break -- blew my mind when NCA pulled it off, though I have to give Cavies credit for pulling it off on a field instead of a gym floor. :thumbup:

yup, even bd having people hold there tenors in 08 was done in wgi the season prior. After all many WGI and DCI designers are all the same people anyway

but that gyroscope thing seems fun even without a set of tenors

My biggest WOW moment of this season has been:

"Who is Jim Mason?"

:shutup::shutup::devil::devil:

• Like 3

The two that stand out to me are 2000 BDs pit solo section and 2008 Phantoms Spartacus

Finally something not so recent.....a salute to you.

With all do respect,

most of the drum tricks we see in WGI were stolen from Lazy Toilet (say it a few times and you'll figure out who I'm talking about) shows from the 80's and 90's.

They were way ahead of their time with that stuff. They got torched for it by judges, but now all the stuff they did is being used today by drumlines.

They did the Gyroscope stuff, specifically, 10 years before an indoor drumline even thought about doing it.

• Like 2