What's holding Carolina Crown from a gold?

175 members have voted

1. 1. What's holding Carolina Crown from a gold?

Since they now have high score for the year.... I am going to have to say that nothing is holding them back.

• Like 1

50642_Steelers_Super_Bowl_Trophies_Football.jpg

That's right. You can just be quiet now ph34r.gif

Geez, thats a lot of trophies there.... one short of the Pro sport title trophies Boston has from the last 10 years.

Edited by BRASSO

Opinions and perceptions, plain and simple. I believe the quality of the top corps performers and designers is so high that it comes down to the opinions and perceptions of the judges.

And I don't believe there is anything Crown can do about it, other than stay the course and deliver the best show they can every year.

I love Crown and I love what they stand for!!! Heres a corps that til the mid 2000s was a good drum corps that didn't quite have the tools to be top notch. Good staff decisions and teaching led to a top 6 performance in 07 for the first time and then 08, 09,10 showed us they're here to stay towards the top. What's keeping them from the title? Time and experience at the top! They've had great products for years and have another one this year! They've just got to have to learn a bit more about what has to be tweaked to be a champion! I think they've got to keep stability in the teaching/recruiting of the drumline. They also have to tweak the amount of showy/fluff ideas to maintain a champion caliber design. The drills have been good, but I think they need 1 notch more of drill/ creativity of movement to get over the top! They have no weaknesses they must simply take their strengths and make them stronger than the competitive field! BD has been so good at this for years- they have tweaked themselves but never have sold out their strengths in the process! I think Crown will win a title in the next 3 years or less!!

Wes P

Yeah. Boston could easily have won another SB and Nba Finals too. The SB was a giant fluke...

Yup. With any luck, Boston could had 9 Pro Titles, instead of 7, in the last 10 years. Boston also had 4 NCAA Ice Hockey Titles too ( 3 for Boston College, 1 for Boston Univ. ) in these 10 years too. Amazing sports decade for the area.

Edited by BRASSO

Yup. With any luck, Boston could had 9 Pro Titles, instead of 7, in the last 10 years. Boston also had 3 NCAA Ice Hockey Titles too ( 2 for Boston College, 1 for Boston Univ. ) in these 10 years too. Amazing sports decade for the area.

What's hockey? Is that something we can play on hot dry land? We've got tons o cow patties to use as pucks!! Someone could get crosschecked into a cactus!!!

Wes

What's hockey? Is that something we can play on hot dry land? We've got tons o cow patties to use as pucks!! Someone could get crosschecked into a cactus!!!

Wes

Wes.. you marched in BK, from Denver, Colo.

Being made to explain what hockey is to somebody from Colorado is like having to explain what a rodeo is to someone from Montana.

• Like 1