Regiment's new ballad

I can't believe in this whole thread, no one torched me for throwing out the stereotype that the guard member was unaware if the music had changed or it had been rewritten....lol

Bless her heart. All that spinning does a number on guard members.

• Like 1

A couple Carpenters hits were pretty good pieces in drum corps history...

Superstar by many corps in the 70s and Rainy Days And Mondays (especially by 1973 Commodores/complete with Bonnie Ott solo).

Dallas 71 / Someone's closer was "We've Only Just Begun" Racine maybe ?

So...please bring me up to speed...Phantom ditched 'A Time for Us' and replaced it with _____? When did this happen? Why? As long as they are at it they might as well alter the ending with Elsa...the push forward with DM #1 exiting stage right and Juliet comes front and center makes me think Spartacus, but honestly it is a let down.

I think Phantom is going to be stuck with this show come end of July. Watch the show without the sound....then watch Crown, Cavies, BD or Cadets....not even in the same league. So much negative space, long evolving forms. IDK but there could be many, many changes in the future.

So...please bring me up to speed...Phantom ditched 'A Time for Us' and replaced it with _____? When did this happen? Why? As long as they are at it they might as well alter the ending with Elsa...the push forward with DM #1 exiting stage right and Juliet comes front and center makes me think Spartacus, but honestly it is a let down.

I think Phantom is going to be stuck with this show come end of July. Watch the show without the sound....then watch Crown, Cavies, BD or Cadets....not even in the same league. So much negative space, long evolving forms. IDK but there could be many, many changes in the future.

They didn't ditch anything. Refer to my comment.

this is the first they've (or any other corps) has played this piece as far as I know. What mistake are you referring to that they should have learned from?

They played in 74. Not sure about 88.

They have never played a time for us. EVER.

Tchaikovsky and Nino Rota are two different people, and both are, frankly, turning in their graves over being mistaken for one another.

Something says Tchaikovsky would be prancing.

• Like 1