CYO show

Not sure why my last post didn't go through ... Anyway, glad to see this show happening at Veterans Memorial. Perfect field with lots of seating. Not a single cloud over the field, but some sketchy looking clouds off in the distance on the other side of 93.

Only negative logistically are warlike happening a bit close to the back end of the field, and some minor traffic/parking difficulties.

Anybody at the show? Reviews?

I think INT is on now.

Anybody at the show? Reviews?

I think INT is on now.

It seems like no one is tweeting or doing any reviews from the show...very disappointing! :thumbdown:

My wife is there (volunteer), but I don't know if she'll be able to watch the rest of the Corps before she has to work.

She said: "Great stadium! Crossmen had a good sound."

Will post more later when I'm not on a cell phone (with pics) but this will have to do for now:

Spartans - would never guess they took a year off recently. Great show, guard is very effective. Corps enters field in singles to a very eerie setting courtesy of pit. Mid and low brass sound is great and very blended, trumpets need to follow suit as they are exposed in parts. Once they work on tht perhaps add some more volume. More sound from mallets needed as well. Will be in the medal hunt come August, but definitely need some cleaning (I'm looking at you drumline).

More to come between shows. Gotta watch!

• Like 1

Will post more later when I'm not on a cell phone (with pics) but this will have to do for now:

Spartans - would never guess they took a year off recently. Great show, guard is very effective. Corps enters field in singles to a very eerie setting courtesy of pit. Mid and low brass sound is great and very blended, trumpets need to follow suit as they are exposed in parts. Once they work on tht perhaps add some more volume. More sound from mallets needed as well. Will be in the medal hunt come August, but definitely need some cleaning (I'm looking at you drumline).

Thanks much! Enjoy!

Thank you! Posts are greatly appreciated :worthy:

Spirit - this is NOT the Spirit I remember seeing in recent years. Holy crap was that show awesome. Right from the intro their theme comes across clearly and the audience knows they've been brought into a film noire type setting. They are strong musically and execute their visual package well. They use the whole field and the Guard adds a lot visually. Drum feature was pretty sick, but I could do without the cheesy cymbal dancing. I do feel they let the sound effects carry the story a bit too much at times, but I can get past that based on how well they are playing.

Finalist contender. Just have to clean like crazy going forward.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, Musicman! Glad to know my old corps did well. The kids are really striving for Finals this year.

Thanks again & best wishes to all!!