CYO show

Paul Revere is riding them out to Indy (after warning the British first of course).

Yes.. and Paul Revere's galloping ride on his horse warnings are :

" The Scouts are coming !! The Scouts are coming !! "

Good luck tonight to all. How many of you marched in the show back then. Seen a lot of great drum corps threw out that period of time. Have a great day and Happy 4 of July.

WOW great show last night. Stands were filled with a mix of young and old (EST attendance 2000+). Weather a perfect 10.

A lot of credit has to go to Boston and Mike Woodall and staff for sponsoring and coordination such a wonderful event last night enjoyed by all IMO. (Not a easy thing to do).

WOW the talent levels of the young adults is just incredible and two thumbup.gif to all of them great job.

Love the technology (Ipad, amps, mic etc) used by the corps to inject sound and low sub tones to enhance the overall sound threw out their show and impact ending statements.

Crown: Great show the kids seem to enjoy preforming their show, always like the sound of their horn line and the effect of their white uniforms with black tops. Nice effect with camera flashes and vertical ladder while horns were playing. (I like boston playing on the thrown last year). I here Blue Star and Blue Devils do a similar thing also. (top 8)

Madison: Great show in your face from begin to end and yes they are back which is good to see ( Love them in the 70 and 80's). Should be one of the crowd favorite. (top8)

Boston: Great show different from the others. Wonderful mix of sounds, colors, end zone to end zone coverage and integration of the color guard threw out their show. Love effect of the horn line playing back field while moving toward the end zone and the Drum line heads toward the other end zone, very clean / executed as well as the block movement moving going from vertical to horizontal. One of the high lights of show is Charley the bari solo WOW beautifully done, you could here a pin drop it was so quiet. Boston did add a new effect with white see threw silk with the soloist and two guard under it looked cool work in progress. (Top8).

• Like 1

Thanks for that review.

Nice full retreat too in this show. Corps played their signature pieces on the field before the stands which was a nice effect. Madison " 'Never Walk Alone "... Boston " Conquest "...Spirit " Georgia on my Mind ".... Crossmen " Russsian Christmas Music ", Crown, Jersey Surf too, etc.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Wife again: Retreat was nice. Each corps played a song before they left the field. Spirit played "Georgia". Madison played "You'll Never Walk Alone". Crown went right up to the fence and played "Bohemian Rhapsody". The crowd went nuts! Wanted them to play more.

I'm a dinosaur...I think retreat was a part of the identity of the DC activity. I understand why it has been done away with, but I'm not sure the "improvement" justified the cost.