Best 12th Place Show

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these was the greatest 12th place show?

• 2000: Bluecoats - "Threshold"
    • 2001: Colts - "Chivalry"
    • 2002: Cascades - "City Riffs"
    • 2003: Spirit of JSU - "Time"
    • 2004: Glassmen - "Voice of One"
    • 2005: Spirit of JSU - "The Spirit of Broadway"
    • 2006: Spirit of JSU - "Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue"
    • 2007: Spirit of JSU - "Genesis"
    • 2008: Madison Scouts - "La Noche de la Iguana"
    • 2009: Troopers - "Western Side Story"
    • 2010: Glassmen - "The Prayer Cycle"

I think Madisons was more well fit (and a better groove) however Crowns had me more engaged.

I have played the actual orchestra version before, I think the Madison Scouts did a better job at Danzon (composing wise). I like that Crown played Danzon though...

SPIRIT 2003. Awesome show. Personally Madison 2008 was a bland show to me... some may say I'm biased because of where I happened to march that season... but the show just didn't do anything for me (FTR, our show was the definition of bland.... but we should have made finals :P). Fun moments... nothing really great though.

You mad bro? :thumbup:

All ribbing aside, the competition for 12th place in 08' going into quarterfinals made for a pretty exciting end to a great season.

• Like 3

Hey can you do a best of the 13th place groups? To me some great corps have just missed out and itd be interesting to see what corps that just missed would be peoples favorites??

Wes P

BK 97 98

BK 02 and 03 :p???

BK 02 sure, but Spirit '01 would also be a good choice!

WP

Madison '08 most underrated show on this by far. That music and hornline is the best 12th place corps ive ever heard ever. That hornline was way better than there overall placement.

• Like 1

Madison '08 most underrated show on this by far. That music and hornline is the best 12th place corps ive ever heard ever. That hornline was way better than there overall placement.

I disagree. (I'm allowed to, right?) That hornline was weak when they started moving. I only heard noise when they had impact moments, instead of actual chords. (Really trying not to bash, but they really didn't sound that great that season.) Feet timing was not very good either.

I really think Crossmen deserved the 12th spot that season.

Yeah, Spirit 2003 was good too. However, my opinion is a little biased for 2009. Have to vote for the "home team," on this one.

• Like 1

Spirit 2003 moved me in a way I hadn't been moved by a non-Top 6 corps in my life. I started to tear up at the end of that show. Literally goosebumps appeared and my eyes welled. That's an incredible effect IMO. I have a feeling Troop will get the vote due to it's recent "feel good" story, but nothing touches that 2003 show.

As for Scoutwind....I liked 2000....but the Urine stained uniforms were enough to make me look away. Perhaps a judge or 2 felt the same :-P There was no way Bluecoats were gonna miss Finals 2 years in a row. I'll blame that on bad timing on Scoutwinds part

• Like 1