Best 12th Place Show

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these was the greatest 12th place show?

• 2000: Bluecoats - "Threshold"
    • 2001: Colts - "Chivalry"
    • 2002: Cascades - "City Riffs"
    • 2003: Spirit of JSU - "Time"
    • 2004: Glassmen - "Voice of One"
    • 2005: Spirit of JSU - "The Spirit of Broadway"
    • 2006: Spirit of JSU - "Old, New, Borrowed, and Blue"
    • 2007: Spirit of JSU - "Genesis"
    • 2008: Madison Scouts - "La Noche de la Iguana"
    • 2009: Troopers - "Western Side Story"
    • 2010: Glassmen - "The Prayer Cycle"

You mad bro? :thumbup:

All ribbing aside, the competition for 12th place in 08' going into quarterfinals made for a pretty exciting end to a great season.

Mad? No... Just thought we moved and played better while having a more challenging show. But I already know we will agree to disagree. Which is fine... because that is what DCP is, but the rivalry and competition through the years was a ton of fun... and created some fun stories to pass along. Can't wait for the two corps to be competing directly next to each other again.

• Like 1

Anyway... if you haven't seen Spirit '03.. you are missing some powerful ####.

As a Troop alum I think the vote is nice and all, but I think every single one of these shows has something cool or special or interesting or just flat out beautiful or amazing to offer.

And I second Southwind 2000 as a runner up. :thumbup:

Mad? No... Just thought we moved and played better while having a more challenging show. But I already know we will agree to disagree. Which is fine... because that is what DCP is, but the rivalry and competition through the years was a ton of fun... and created some fun stories to pass along. Can't wait for the two corps to be competing directly next to each other again.

Of course you thought that.

It was a/is a false thought, but I can understand the infatuation with ones "home team." Especially the shows that individual marched.

Edited by adub

Of course you thought that.

It was a/is a false thought, but I can understand the infatuation with ones "home team." Especially the shows that individual marched.

This is going down an unfortunate road.

I liked 2003 Spirit, there was some real power behind that one. Of the ones I marched, I liked 2007 more.

This is going down an unfortunate road.

I liked 2003 Spirit, there was some real power behind that one. Of the ones I marched, I liked 2007 more.

When you're staff and hornline stares down a competing hornline at Quarters you better be able to take the heat if you don't beat them.

When you're staff and hornline stares down a competing hornline at Quarters you better be able to take the heat if you don't beat them.

Staredowns?!?!?! Who does that? Seems like a waste of time and energy.

Edited by WOOHOO
  • Like 1

Wait, a poll involving best 12th place corps in which I cannot vote for Sky 1987?... ah man...

I couldn't agree with you more. I guess intended only for the last decade but, Probably should have reflected that in the title.

2003 Spirit, easily, no question or doubt about it. I don't believe 2009 Trooper's show can even touch this show. I think most people voting for Troopers probably did so because of nostalgia and the fact that Troopers finally made it back into finals after a long absence with that show. I could be wrong of course but in the end, it doesn't really matter to me. In my mind, the best 12th place show (2000 to 2010) will always go to 2003 Spirit.

• Like 1