Bristol show thread

So the critics seem to think this guy doesn't know what he is doing:

--Jon Vanderkolff was the visual designer of the 1993 Star of Indiana and most recently won the 2009 WGI championship with the Santa Clara Vanguard independent world color guard. Jonathan, along with the choreography team from Mason Entertainment Group (M.E.G.), won an Emmy award for the PBS broadcast of Blast! and was nominated for a 2001 Tony Award in choreography.

Maybe the Scouts' visual fits their music. Maybe this isn't the final product since it's only early July. Or maybe the Scout's still think entertainment is what's most important and don't worry too much about making the show as difficult as possible so judges and critics on DCP are impressed.

John Vanderkolff (scouts visual) along with Jim Moore (Guard and vis) also won 2011 WGI with SCV... Rosie Queen's crew also took H.S. World gold 2011.

Just to update... yes, this team is a good one... Will Scouts make top 12 ? I hope so... They have a long season ahead..

You know when a corps is starting to make a move when a "self-proclaimed expert" compares them to a Jr. High marching band. Some people think the drill is easy but I'm telling you it isn't. We have watched some of the Madison rehearsals and they are intense. It takes a lot of talent to make something difficult look easy. Those kids are moving on that field. Their goal is to entertain the crowd, first and foremost, and they are definitely doing that. You can bet there will be a number of changes before Atlanta to increase the score. Look back to the beginning of the season. They have bettered their score in every show.

Hats off to Madison because they are presenting a show that people can relate to and enjoy.

Personally I am so done with the "Madison park n blow" blather the same people come up with every time someone has a good word to say about them. People who have a huge bug in their butts repeating the same old tired things which havent been applicable for a decade. Consider their visual program since 2003 it has been vastly different from old Madison. Hello, Myron Rosander drill? Track meets!

Too many folks with their own agenda and anti Madison bias who were perfectly happy with judging when Scouts were just barely making finals, now want to crap on their success. Scatter drills? Jeezus look at the videos for the past 10-15 years, theirs plenty of it including among the top three.

Will Scouts make top 12 ? I hope so... They have a long season ahead..

I 'd say the Scouts chances of making it to Finals Night in Indy is about equal to the chances that the City of Buffalo gets snow this winter. But then again, you never really know.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I haven't seen the show yet, but from all the chatter it seems to me like the drill is actually really hard to march and doesn't look very hard from the stands. That seems to be the toughest thing for drill writers to figure out.