Any way for an entirely "Symmetrical" show to ever win again?

63 members have voted

1. 1. A Symmetrical Show to Contend?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe not 1st, but definitely Top 12
  2. 2. Would you like to see something like that?

• HECK YES!
    • Sure.
    • Probably Not.
    • NO WAY.

I always wondered if anyone were to put on a symmetrical show if it would possibly win these days? I think a symmetrical show, a la the old days, would be pretty awesome... perhaps with some new innovations that would make it pretty #$&% darn awesome.

Edited by NeutralNovice

I think it could contend if the demand and content is there. Symmetrical doesn't mean block forms and 8 to 5 steps, so there would still be plenty of room for complex maneuvers and curvilinear design to up the demand.

• Like 2

I think it could contend if the demand and content is there. Symmetrical doesn't mean block forms and 8 to 5 steps, so there would still be plenty of room for complex maneuvers and curvilinear design to up the demand.

This. Also the dividing point of the drill doesn't have to be the 50. It could be an invisible diagonal plane, or it could be offset. There's a lot of possibilities.

• Like 1

This. Also the dividing point of the drill doesn't have to be the 50. It could be an invisible diagonal plane, or it could be offset. There's a lot of possibilities.

Could have been an interesting concept last year for BD rather than mirrors.

• Like 1

Depends, If BD or Cadets tried it I'm sure that they would kick some serious ###! If a lower-tier corps did it, it may hurt them.

• Like 1

I put top 12 and probably not.

It just doesnt bring a lot of GE imo

Well it could have a lot of GE if, say, the whole opener were symmetrical, but then the last couple sets are modern. It's all psychological. I should be a drill writer. :blink:

BAH! yeah, right! :w00t: