Place your bets, everyone...

Good Morning to all!!

OK here's what I think so far.

It's gonna pour in Minneapolis here within the next few hours, lightning, thunder, wind, hail...all that. Should be over by early afternoon though Redeveloping late this afternoon/evening as the heat dome pushes eastward and northward. Normally when a large dome of heat moves into an area of moisture, the leading edge of the heat stirs up the atmosphere and produces storms before clearing off and becoming oppressively hot and sunny!

Thats exactly what should happen tonight and tomorrow am. It just really depends on...will this happen, or not. At this time, I would guess it will.

Right now I think i will happen with rain ending sometime before noon. Then sunny, hot and very muggy for the show. Best guess this am. I'll post again here tonight from Minneapolis!! :thumbup:

So the weather may clear by 3 PM (show start time scheduled for 1:30) but it will hot and muggy as heck! What is the latest DCI can field a show there in Minneapolis? I know they are dependent on local ordinances. It would be shame to get all the way to the last corps or two and not have a complete show. Anyone know the latest they can field a show there at TCF?

Hey now...:lookaround:

Um, whatever "weather terrorists" you are watching are smoking something. The further we go into Saturday the better. I can tell you with all confidence right now that it WILL NOT rain SAT PM.

:ph34r:

Sure hope you're right! :devil: But after 50+ summers here, I can assure you that nothing is absolute here with weather..like last year..wasn't supposed to rain much either..We all know what happened..

Must have been because the Twinkies had a 1hr, 57 minute matinee that they finished before it rained..So shoot Pavano and Buehrle for making it rain..like it's doing now! Cats and Dogs here - so dark the Arclights came on on the corner outside our building here in Brooklyn Park...Madison's supposed to be about a mile away at Osseo HS..so much for rehearsal :tongue:

Pat

I can assure you that nothing is absolute here with weather..like last year..wasn't supposed to rain much either..We all know what happened..

The problem last year was that each day the % chance of storms increased as we reached Saturday.

The forecast this year has been consistent......rain in the morning/dry and hot in the afternoon and evening.

Goalieguy, as a fellow Minnesotan in Brooklyn Park, I can fully agree with Minnesota weather. It is virtually impossible to predict. I would have gone to Osseo to watch would I have time! I'm busy trying to prepare for tomorrow!

Anyone know the latest they can field a show there at TCF?

I'm thinking it is 10pm. At last years rehearsal site we had to be done by 10.

Rain and thundershowers here in Menomonie (65 miles + or - due east from TCF Stadium). We just finished baking a whole bunch of chocolate chip cookies for our favorite Blue Star. Bring your fans ... its gonna be hot Saturday (and through most of next week.) Ewww ... just had a heckuva lightning flash outside my window. Think I'll hunker down.

Ma

Sounds like Florida ,we gat rain here every afternoon for about 2 yrs and rolling thunder like i've never heard before .from eastern Long Island ,New York just relocated to Florida Febuary 1,and its beenin the high 90 since march.

I'm thinking it is 10pm. At last years rehearsal site we had to be done by 10.

Yes, I'm pretty sure there is a 10:00 p.m. sound ordinance at the stadium. That's why last year's delays would have screwed up the entire

late evening lineup.....as in the top 2 or 3 wouldn't have been able to perform.

10 PM maybe too early if there are delays. I have not seen the actual times posted. Anyone have this info?