Place your bets, everyone...

A good one.

thumbup.gif

The question is this, for you sage historians...

Has a DCI show ever been cancelled two years in a row due to weather, or are we being ridiculously pessimistic?

I'm not positive on this, but I'm pretty sure the Naperville show was cancelled three years in a row. But it could have just been two.

The forecast looks good. Some chance of T-storms Thursday, but just sunny and warm over the weekend. :thumbup:

However...the weather can change in a hurry in the upper Midwest. Let's hope for the sake of the show organizers and all involved that everything goes smoothly.

Ok, here's the Wednesday AM update...now that i've had a chance to look things over (sorry had to do my job first :satisfied: )

Really, we are still 4 days away here. This is the way its looked at by MET's, we count today as 1 because, weather that happens today, affects tomorrow and so on. So lots of time for things to change as I read someone post on a different thread about how fast the weather changes in the upper midwest ( I could explain that too, but in the interest of time, i won't)

So as it looks now, according to Medium range models (the short range one, the NAM, we can look at later tomorrow) what I see is it all gonna depend on how fast this heat dome builds to the North. Next week is gonna be oppressive in the midwest FYI.

The main concencus now is an MCS (Mesoscale Convective System) of large area of heavy rain and thunderstorms, will form somewhere in the upper midwest Friday afternoon/evening. Depending on where this thing sets up (if at all) and speed and direction it moves, will depend on the shows weather. And if it does form, hopefully it'll do what I think it'll do and move southeast overnight and make Saturday morning dry early, or at least by mid morning. Then then sun will do the rest.

So...it all depends guys and gals. I'll post again here tomorrow with a better idea of what's up...hopefully :blink:

Present prediction is sunny and warm. Or, to be more honest: Sunny and OH MY GOD. Present prediction locally is 93 degrees on Saturday, and 98 on Sunday. So don't expect it to cool down a lot as the sun goes down.

I don't think TCF has air conditioning in the concourses, but I've never had to really ask. It's a midwestern football stadium, which are generally not built with a lot of climate control outside the management offices and locker rooms.

DCI should move it to the Metrodome where there would be NO chance weather could affect the.....oh never mind. :blink:

Present prediction is sunny and warm. Or, to be more honest: Sunny and OH MY GOD. Present prediction locally is 93 degrees on Saturday, and 98 on Sunday. So don't expect it to cool down a lot as the sun goes down.

I don't think TCF has air conditioning in the concourses, but I've never had to really ask. It's a midwestern football stadium, which are generally not built with a lot of climate control outside the management offices and locker rooms.

Let's not forget that it was 92° last year at DCI Minnesota.

It looks like any rain that falls Saturday will be in the a.m., and the afternoon/evening should be rain-free.

That's what i'm thinking too...My off the record thinking.

If you were asking me on the record, it would sound like this: "A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms, Partly Sunny, High near 91."

(We can't say "only in the morning" this far out, long story...trust me, i'd like too buuut)