Metamora Mayhem

I just have to say it rocks having a meteorologist on DCP!!!

Well...I figure since I can't go, I might as well be some good :lookaround:

• Like 1

Approaching Metamora...well...the backside of this thing keeps wanting to add a small cell or two. Could be some heavy downpours for just a few min or two. Still will be over fast and shouldn't affect the show too much, maybe a delay for a bit. The problem is this airmass is HIGHLY unstable and very juciy, anything can happen, storms pop up very very fast.

WE TRY to forcast them, but in this case a nowcast with up to the min radar is the best way. A person there to report whats up here would help me greatly!

Edited by rainshdw08

Plus, this cell is moving at 64MPH...so it'll blow by quickly. the good news is behind this storm, all is clear up to the quad cities and back to MO. Should be raining there now lightly.

Idk...It's a small show. plus it's only Tuesday...I think a lot will change on Saturday. However I too will be looking forward to the scores here...its gonna be hard for me not to drive the hour to go see this show too!

Ah, go ahead and do it. You know you want to. And you'll like yourself more in the morning! :smile:

Very light sprinkels and the hash marks have just been painted.

Ah, go ahead and do it. You know you want to. And you'll like yourself more in the morning! :smile:

I did want to, trust me. But currently I'm better served as a MET giving up to the min weather reports. I got all these cool toys, mise well use them for good :)

Very light sprinkels and the hash marks have just been painted.

Ok, thats good. that means it looks worse on radar. Keep me updated.

Should be getting a bit heavier any min now.

Now looks like a pretty good chance for thunder and poss lightning. won't last long at all.

Edited by rainshdw08

Racine is entering the field.