Metamora Mayhem

Blue Stars will not beat SCV. Bank on it. :ph34r:

Thank you, the last time I guaranteed anything I was embarrassingly wrong.

Is there numer for tickets? and would they Will Call if i called??

Blue Star's ticket number (the host of the show) is (608) 782-3219. As I remember there is a $1 will call charge, so I'm just going to drive up from St Louis and buy my ticket there. So far the top 4 rows are almost completely sold out (except for 2 seats) and most of the seats underneath the 50 are still open, as of noon today. So I feel very comfortable just driving in and getting a GREAT seat!!!

Based on the fact that Blue Stars have recognizable music with melody throughout the show, I think it will actually be close. Really, it comes down to how much "insurance spread" SCV's percussion can deliver. Last year, PR's drums routinely brought 1-2 pts of spread to the table against the other mid-pack corps, keeping them in the game. If SCV does the same, they will beat Blue Stars. However, if the drum spread is lees than a point, Blue Stars may in fact overcome them with an obvious GE advantage.

You've got theme music from a couple blockbuster movies against non-melodic music major chromatic scales......this will be interesting.

Edited by craiga

Based on the fact that Blue Stars have recognizable music with melody throughout the show, I think it will actually be close. Really, it comes down to how much "insurance spread" SCV's percussion can deliver. Last year, PR's drums routinely brought 1-2 pts of spread to the table against the other mid-pack corps, keeping them in the game. If SCV does the same, they will beat Blue Stars. However, if the drum spread is lees than a point, Blue Stars may in fact overcome them with an obvious GE advantage.

You've got theme music from a couple blockbuster movies against non-melodic music major chromatic scales......this will be interesting.

The Blue Stars beat Bluecoats last night in percussion, so their percussion section is right up there this year too! Not saying SCV doesn't have a great percussion section, but it may not give them as big of an advantage as many think.

Go SCV!!!!!! Have a great show! Keep improving to Saturday, and jump on top of Phantom! Keep climbing that staircase.

• Like 1

I don't know, I think SCV will take this one with about a 1-2 point spread. Their percussion section should be head and shoulders above Blue Stars, SCV's guard has been scoring well, and I just think that their show has more of the winning qualities that will keep them above Blue Stars. The music choices seem to have no bearing on GE, as we've seen the last decade or so, and SCV's visual GE and visual program should place them ahead. But I'm a big SCV homer, so read into that as you will. They've beaten Blue Stars already this season, I think they'll continue.

• Like 2

The Blue Stars beat Bluecoats last night in percussion, so their percussion section is right up there this year too! Not saying SCV doesn't have a great percussion section, but it may not give them as big of an advantage as many think.

Good point, and Blue Stars beating SCV would be fine by me. AS the quote from the end of "The Hunt for Red October" goes, "a little revolution is good from time to time..."

:smile:

I don't know, I think SCV will take this one with about a 1-2 point spread. Their percussion section should be head and shoulders above Blue Stars, SCV's guard has been scoring well, and I just think that their show has more of the winning qualities that will keep them above Blue Stars. The music choices seem to have no bearing on GE, as we've seen the last decade or so, and SCV's visual GE and visual program should place them ahead. But I'm a big SCV homer, so read into that as you will. They've beaten Blue Stars already this season, I think they'll continue.

You could be right, but the evidence so far this season indicates that the judging is not necessarily in line with the last decade or so. Progamming wise, this is not Ballet for Martha. Instead, SCV has brought to the field perhaps the least audience-accessible program in the activity this summer, and that could be a liability for them.

Idk...It's a small show. plus it's only Tuesday...I think a lot will change on Saturday. However I too will be looking forward to the scores here...its gonna be hard for me not to drive the hour to go see this show too!

do it.... :devil: