Brass Impact Show

Hey Liahona thanks for the tweet posts I was driving for a good portion of the day so it was nice to get caught up with the tweets!!

Your welcome Wes...I like to do it...makes things a little more interesting I think and less cumbersome for others to have to look all over the place for them...Of course it's much better when people are a little more positive...LOL I was just waiting for that negative nancy to slam BAC...LOL...I was actually glad he kept his mouth shut...LOL

Thank you, Spirit! My daughter called and told me they were all in line at a Subway to eat. After serving about ten kids they told them there were too many kids and they wouldn't serve anyone else. Spirit heard about this and went and got the Blue Knights and fed them. :thumbup:

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom
  • Like 1

I wish recaps were a lot faster...

Thank you, Spirit! My daughter called and told me they ewre all in line at a Subway to eat. After serving about ten kids they told them they there were too many kids and they wouldn't serve anyone else. Spirit heard about this and went and got the Blue Knights and fed them. :thumbup:

You wound't happen to know which Subway that happened at do you? I am good friends with the CEO of Subway. I'm sure he would like to hear that even though all Subway's are independent franchises.

Shout out to the Spirit family...nice gesture! :smile:

Also looking forward to it Tricia, maybe well see an 80+ before SA?? forget praying for rain, I pray judges will give bigger scores soon!!

I will second and third that sentiment. Maybe a BK groupie "fast"....only English Muffins until the corps breaks 80! :w00t:

Indeed!!! And kudos to Spirit! Class Act!!!

Strong show, getting better and better not getting rewarded!! Baffling.. They're doing very well but are not moving!! Judges have told staff they love the show.. Oh well, poor performance draws may have contributed to stall lately!

Hey Wes. I have been an off and on poster with DCP for the last 10 years and always end up following your post some how.. I went to school with Ricky Alonso and also knew Larry Shane. Wish the best for BK and may the season kick butt for everyone!

Eat emmm up Boston!

Ben

99 00

A lot of corps hit a plateau at this time of the season. It may be that the staff just doesn't have the ability to push the corps to the next level. It may be that there is some serious cleaning going on and the corps is forgetting to go out and enjoy their performance instead of just making sure that they are in the right place, playing the right notes, at the right moment. The first corps in the 12-17 group which can really have a clean show and also have the ability to really sell their performance may really shock! My money is on Troopers and SOA to be the final two battling for 12th. :thumbup:

Re: Crossmen

I can tell you that this staff is one of the more experienced out there. I'm not sure for the reason in scoring plateau, but I can almost guarantee that it is not because the staff doesn't know how to take it to the next level. It is a young corps on it's way back to respectability. Growing pains, most likely.

Edited by TexasMSBD
  • Like 1

Thank you, Spirit! My daughter called and told me they were all in line at a Subway to eat. After serving about ten kids they told them they there were too many kids and they wouldn't serve anyone else. Spirit heard about this and went and got the Blue Knights and fed them. :thumbup:

I remember a lot of this happening when I marched... Most notable incidents when I marched was with Kiwanis Kaviliers in upstate New York and Magic of Orlando when their food truck broke down and they ate with us in '99. It's definitely a competitive sport but in the end a family...

• Like 1

Hey Wes. I have been an off and on poster with DCP for the last 10 years and always end up following your post some how.. I went to school with Ricky Alonso and also knew Larry Shane. Wish the best for BK and may the season kick butt for everyone!

Eat emmm up Boston!

Way cool, Larry is on the Crown Brass Staff and I'm not sure where Ricky is these days!! I'm lucky to have been taught and influenced by Larry and hope to see him soon!! Good to hear from you and Congrats to Boston tonight!

Wes P

Ben

99 00