Cadets will win this year

I'm thinking, and hoping obviously, that BD really makes it interesting and takes the ATL show. Also very interested to see how the scores shake out tonight between Devs and Crown. Clearly BD, Cadets and Cavies are are lumped together at the top and Crown is just a hair behind them. Curious to see if Crown can inch closer. It certainly looks like Devs is surging at the moment, which is fine by me, of course.

Cadets are great, but it looks like BD is fast becoming the corps to beat. They seem to be surging at the right time.

I see this trend, but with Cadets winning GE, it's only a matter of time before their execution scores improve. As it has been stated in numerous threads here, BD doesn't have the vehicle to get them there, especially with the force that Cadets are bringing.

Crown may inch closer, but I still see them in 4th unless they REALLY dazzle the judges.

My prediction:

1. Cadets

2. Cavaliers

3. Blue Devils

4. Carolina Crown

• Like 1

Flame away all you want...but if BD wins with that show...

I'm going have this guy choke a you know what...

223278_223246_wayne_brady_20.jpg

Flame repellent suit not necessary with that comment.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I see this trend, but with Cadets winning GE, it's only a matter of time before their execution scores improve. As it has been stated in numerous threads here, BD doesn't have the vehicle to get them there, especially with the force that Cadets are bringing.

Crown may inch closer, but I still see them in 4th unless they REALLY dazzle the judges.

My prediction:

1. Cadets

2. Cavaliers

3. Blue Devils

4. Carolina Crown

It is becoming clearer, isn't it?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

It is becoming clearer, isn't it?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Cadets have a great show. I don't see BD or Crown beating them in the end. But i still feel like it's still Cavaliers game to win as well.

I guess it comes down to who wants it more.

• Like 2

Cadets have a great show. I don't see BD or Crown beating them in the end. But i still feel like it's still Cavaliers game to win as well.

I guess it comes down to who wants it more.

Absolutely!!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

What is most telling about last night's tie is the Visual Proficiency caption, Cadets in 4th...

Look at recaps and the rest of the scores in the top 3. Cadets are the only ones that have issues that can be resolved by just cleaning.

Edited by danielray

DCI is primarily a Visual medium, visual activity. The judging captions are more skewed to the visual and guard more than the brass and percussion. Corps that win ( or advance over other Corps throughout the rankings ) need to have something new and fresh in the Visual area. Cadets have this in spades this year. Cavs always do. BD still has this too. Crown is the only Corps that is taking a leap into a rarely done music genre for DCI Corps ( Rock ) and so their show is a very real darkhorse here because of this rather new twist as well. Corps like Bluecoats, SCV, Phantom, and the others unfortunately have no shot this year no matter how well they execute their show as they don't have the Visual show to catapult them to the top over these just mentioned. I think in the end it'll be between The Cadevaliers and Crown for all the marbles on Finals Night.... and if nudged for my hunch right now, I'd say The Cadets just might be the Corps to pull it off.

From looking at the sheets it appears that equal numbers are given to both visual and musical elements. I don't study sheets with a fine tooth comb, so please point out how DCI is primarily visual. I've actually heard quite the opposite if your talking about in just picking a show to win period. Many people I've chatted with over their years would say DCI is more music based when it comes to picking a winning show. I would personally say that I feel that DCI in the past few years has been good at staying true to their sheets and the groups with the best total package have came on top in the last few years.

I don't think they will. Visually, they're top notch - it's a joy to watch. Musically, not so much. (Though I must disclaim that I don't don't don't like their music choices this year, so take that with a grain of salt.)

Mike

What particulars do you like about Cadets visually this season?

• 2 weeks later...