As far as I know, they are the only DCA corps whose entire corps... and not just the color guard and/or pit... is in uniforms that help portray the show theme. :thumbup:

Uh, yeah, I'm thinking the Cabs might have done this a few times as well. :lookaround:

Uh, yeah, I'm thinking the Cabs might have done this a few times as well. :lookaround:

As I recall, the only time the Caballeros made an adjustment to their uniform was in 1993. I believe every year (except 93), since their inception in 1946, they have used the same uniform.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm a bit confused by that statement as well....

To clarify... Sun this year is the only DCA corps that I know of that is basically using color guard uniforms for the entire corps.

I've never really thought of the Cabs' uniform as a "storytelling" device... it's a great uniform, a classic... but it's their uniform, not costuming tailored to a particular theme in a given year.

Edited by Fran Haring

Carry on. :tongue:

To clarify... Sun this year is the only DCA corps that I know of that is basically using color guard uniforms for the entire corps.

I've never really thought of the Cabs' uniform as a "storytelling" device... it's a great uniform, a classic... but it's their uniform, not costuming tailored to a particular theme in a given year.

I think he was referring to the "spanish" flavor of their music; ergo, lending to the theme.

Ray

I think he was referring to the "spanish" flavor of their music; ergo, lending to the theme.

Ray

Absolutely... I understand that.

But it's not the same as what Sun is doing this year.

I just had a thought -- How cool would it be to have a giant (rotating!) barricade on the field, a la the staging of Les Mis?

I bet if Empire had done this show, like they did Miss Saigon awhile back . . . :thumbup:

Sun uniform is a connection to a single show, whereas Cabs, Reilly, and Troopers are to an on-going theme.

• Like 1