Calling Current FanNetwork Subscribers

Webcasts have been pretty bad up until the last one. DATR, after the lightning strike and resuming the show, was awesome. Sound was perfect, quality was the best I have ever seen/heard on the fan network. So who knows how tomorrow will be.

BFDTV guys did the HD VOD for the Quincy MA show. This should be the video standard we expect for all broadcasts.

maybe its because I got a new TV--but I already had a plasma...but now I have an LED 1080P LCD and I think the shows look much better on it this year. I believe some of the recorded shows must have been done in much better definition cameras as well. I know I am not supposed to be positive on these forums but I think they have done a great job this year! I also wrote this without reading others statements first! Sound quality maybe about the same or only a tad better but watching drum corps on ANYTHING doesn't do it for me fully--gotta have it live! Plus the levels I wold have to have it on the neighbors would kill me LOL

and now I read the other comments...man people complain a lot LOL overall the quality is SO MUCH BETTER than when I first started my infatuation with drum corps...back then i waited once a year to watch on PBS--had no clue they came to within 5 hours of me (never ever saw a schedule) and progress was when I could call the number and get updated scores on the automated phone system! Could DCI do better--sure--are they working on it, well they arent stupid...could about every single company I do business with do better? OMG yes! do technical issues happen? my internet provider I pay an arm and a leg for sure seems to have em week days at 6pm! thank goodness life is not perfect or what would people talk about on these forums LOL

I guess I'm not a terribly picky drum corps video consumer. I subscribe because I get to watch shows evolve over time, because I can stay easily connected to the activity, and because subscribing through a corps' website benefits that corps. It's a win-win for me.

I think you left out the part where you then throw away the Bose speakers and get some good ones. :w00t:

I like mid-range sound. :tongue:

It is a bit of a disappointment, still it beats the "olde days" when the only way to see them was to go to shows (which was/is hard to do because of the distance between events).

I wish they would start including the book in that virtually empty panel over to the right while one is watching the vids ... it would be a perfect location to add that content.

It is true that some of the videos posted "elsewhere" are often better sound and sometimes even better video ..... for free!

It also seems like there is a big lag (2 or 3 days) before the VOD's are available .... some video content on "other sites" is up before the stroke of midnight on show day!

Scores are also slow in coming ..... today for example .... where are the scores from LaCrosse ... oops, I guess it was rained out - but there is no mention of that fact anywhere on the FN (so far).

Edited by ashevillemurphy

C'mon Granny, Cascades are up live on FN! It's not a real drum corps show unless you're there! Crossmen are about to go on.

There are some GREAT corps coming up. I'm waiting for Phantom Regiment. I bet their opener will make you cry.

I bet the closer of Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral will make you stand up from your rocking chair and applaud. :devil:

+++

Wow wow wow,Crossmen! They had some great screamers! The whole show was smooth jazz, and the drill was smooth. That looks top 12 to me.

+++

Another WOW to Spirit! They have really picked it up a notch and have found some world class power. I like this much better than the first time I saw it,

Edited by wvu80