Cavaliers so called "gimmicks".

It seems as though the gimmick is what makes you remember the show.

Splooie.

Edited by Cavalierbari
  • Like 3

cavaliers have gimmicks, their gimmicks are fun and memorable. cadets 2000 had a few gimmicks they're memorable. who cares if shows have gimmicks as long as they help the show and dont take away from it...

besides how many corps have members playing upside down this season? now if they could only get them to move, cause as we all know it doesnt count unless its on the move :tongue:

• Like 1

Did you all see the scores tonight? I did, and you all better find more gimmiks. IMO, it is going to start being a On Any Givin Night, season. The way it should be. There are alot of really good Corps this season, you all just happen to be one of them. I hope you all have more...gimmiks! Can I ask a question... What's up with the bug look, with the guard? I just don't get how that fits, looking like bugs.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to suspect that if something isn't traditional marching, traditional brass playing, traditional drumming or traditional guard equipment usage, it's going to be considered a gimmick.

If it was standard for every corps to walk on stilts and build a house during the show, then a corps that came out and played Sousa while doing pinwheel drills would be called gimmicky.

• Like 1

Did you all see the scores tonight? I did, and you all better find more gimmiks. IMO, it is going to start being a On Any Givin Night, season. The way it should be. There are alot of really good Corps this season, you all just happen to be one of them. I hope you all have more...gimmiks! Can I ask a question... What's up with the bug look, with the guard? I just don't get how that fits, looking like bugs.

Well gimmicks can only take you so far. But they're beasting every other caption as well. So its not the gimmicks that's helping them stay ahead. They're just GOOD.

As for the uniforms, just think about the movie Avatar. It's a tribal kind of thing.

• Like 1

I'll take Cavies on stilts over Devils in chairs any day. Besides The Cavaliers are just exploring "The Vertical".

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 3

Well gimmicks can only take you so far. But they're beasting every other caption as well. So its not the gimmicks that's helping them stay ahead. They're just GOOD.

As for the uniforms, just think about the movie Avatar. It's a tribal kind of thing.

Oh, tribal.

It seems this topic was started with some amount of disdain for a particular corps moves.

So if you like a corps it is original or a signature move.

But if you don't like them, then it is all of a sudden a gimmick.

I say "bring it on". I want that crown, that fluer de leis, that z-pull ... ect. ect. ect..

• Like 1