So i've always wondered..

Last year I preferred Cavies to Devils because Cavies entertained me more, this year "so far" it's the opposite.

I certainly don't hate or even dislike either.

Don't forget that you must disregard a lot of posters on DCP because the nature of internet forums allows them to be somebody they're not. Their only reason to post is to create a reaction by saying something they know will offend while not necessarily believing it.

• Like 1

Euphman89 - loved the fill in the blank response and very appropriate.

Yogibear... maybe you need to hug Booboo a little more and get over your sensitivity. His response was spot on.

• Like 3

A - It's DCP, and those corps are always near the top, and thus must be hated.

B - It's DCP, which is not a wide sampling of opinion, but rather a small, vocal group with individual agendas regarding success

C - It's DCP.

FWIW, I havn't noticed an unusal amount of nastiness regarding Cavies and BD other than that which is generated by constant, continued success.

The Cavalier and Blue Devil organizations are top notch. World Class performers. One thing I've learned about DCP is that any given team or program will never get 100% praise. Then again, that's partially what these forums were meant for- bring constructive discussion together.

Many tip their hats to the Devs. Hey, when you look objectively at what they've done in the past 2 championship seasons, they marched and played better than anybody else. But that doesn't mean the average ham & egger will enjoy their presentation.

IMHO, the Green Machine gets a lot of respect on here. At shows, it's practically intimidating how the crowd becomes thunderous for them. But.. .they have critics like everybody else.

Do you guys remember in 2006 and 2008 how the Cadets basically had hundred page threads about all of the controversy? It was heavy. To see that team emerge in the fan's favor in the past points to the cyclic nature of the activity. It's great.

• Like 1

B - It's DCP, which is not a wide sampling of opinion, but rather a small, vocal group with individual agendas regarding success

Boom.

So true that many have alternate agendas for liking/disliking corps/shows. It's not always a conscious agenda!

The Cadeviliers designers and staff need to really start worrying when the criticism STOPS!

As for me, I'm enjoying the "rest" this season......down to .45 PPD's (posts per day) .........ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....serenity now! :sleeping:

because of their swagger that to many looks like arrogance.

It's arrogance if you can't back it up....14 world titles, more captions than anyone else, not placing lower than 5th since 1974....THAT'S swagger they can back up.

Why do people always complain on this forum about The Cavaliers and Blue Devils more than any other corps?

I mean honestly? i swear they are the LEAST favorite corps on this website and i hear/see people hate on them all the time. Is it because they're constantly on top and you want to see new faces?

Blue Devils FINALLY play music worth listening to, and people still complain about not understanding the concept and lack of movement.

The Cavaliers decide to play more notes and increase their volume, yet people complain about how their show doesn't make sense and how they rely on "gimmicks' to hold them up.

Why can't everyone just enjoy what they're doing? i mean, does it really need to make sense for it to be cool and be appealing to watch and hear?

You can give me a thumbs down all you want, but its an honest to goodness question.

Simple answer... "It's lonely at the top"

It's arrogance if you can't back it up....14 world titles, more captions than anyone else, not placing lower than 5th since 1974....THAT'S swagger they can back up.

Yeah, but you are talking about Blue Devils the ORGANIZATION, not the members, or the alumni. The only person that has been there for all of those championships and caption titles is Wayne Downey. Of course it is an honor to be part of the lineage if even if for one year, BUT that does not give you the get out of jail free card to say my favorite (and most common) Blue Devils statement in any debate "Well, 14 world titles & more caption awards than anyone else says otherwise."

Congrats. The group you marched in has one a lot. Now be cool... the same can be said for lots of members of lots of corps (including my own).

• Like 3