WANT and WILL

Want vs Will  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to win?

2. 2. Who do you think WILL win?

It saddens me how many people just arent cavalier fans. It seems that no one here at DCP really enjoys the cavaliers outside of the obvious honks. The cavaliers have a truly extraordinary show this year, and everyone seems to have the mindset of "yeah they are good, just not my cup of tea at all". I wonder why.

That being said, cadets have a sick show this year as well. Hate BD's and Crown's though. And im a die hard crown fan...

• Like 3

It saddens me how many people just arent cavalier fans. It seems that no one here at DCP really enjoys the cavaliers outside of the obvious honks. The cavaliers have a truly extraordinary show this year, and everyone seems to have the mindset of "yeah they are good, just not my cup of tea at all". I wonder why.

That being said, cadets have a sick show this year as well. Hate BD's and Crown's though. And im a die hard crown fan...

Less we "aren't Cavalier fans," more we are a community that has diverse interests in corps and shows. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who didn't at least enjoy "Mad World," or for that matter, at least half a dozen of their shows the past ten or twelve years. Plus, the Cadets have a show that, with enough effort and cleaning, will challenge the Cavaliers for the #1 spot.

• Like 1

It is weird that more people have a flat vibe towards Cavaliers this year. I don't think, by any means, that people dislike their program. It just sticks out because they usually own ecstatic praise. There are many who still feel that way. And from the reviews, it seems as the live crowds still throw babies. :tongue:

But I don't know that it's anything to be sad about, seeing as they've been the corps of the 2000's. Aside from BD's championship, Cavies pretty much are the buzz corps IMHO.

Yes the community does have a diverse set of interests in corps, but no one hardly gives any respect to the cavaliers. Everyone just quietly "yeah they are good... Lets talk about someone else!!!". The "official cavaliers thread" for the past few years die out in june and have to get necro'ed several times throughout the season. No one likes to really talk about them.

If people truly were as diverse as you say they are, more people would discuss things about them. Is XtraordinarY my favorite show this year? Probably not, but I do think it should be discussed quite a bit more than it is. Or maybe im just going senile.

For me it's the visual vs. music thing. They tend to write the drill around the music MORE than the corps I prefer. Now I really enjoyed their book last year - but this year it's back to ehh on the music arrangement side. Visual arrangement is always top notch. And musically they are great at what they do. Just prefer Crown/Cadets and others on the musical arrangement side of the equation.

Yes the community does have a diverse set of interests in corps, but no one hardly gives any respect to the cavaliers. Everyone just quietly "yeah they are good... Lets talk about someone else!!!". The "official cavaliers thread" for the past few years die out in june and have to get necro'ed several times throughout the season. No one likes to really talk about them.

If people truly were as diverse as you say they are, more people would discuss things about them. Is XtraordinarY my favorite show this year? Probably not, but I do think it should be discussed quite a bit more than it is. Or maybe im just going senile.

I guess I'm confused about your beef. If you want more conversation about Cavies...write more about the Cavies and others will participate if they have something to contribute.

This is purely my own opinion, but I believe there are a few strong reasons why the Cavaliers don't get as much love as many other corps.

1.They have had more success in the last 10 years than anybody (except arguably the Blue Devils) and everyone likes an underdog.

2.Because they are the runaway number 1 favorite among the "Bando" crowd most years, it is not "hip" on a drum corps forum with "true" drum corps fans, to like them too much.

3.Their shows often do not produce the kind of emotional response that makes them memorable. When people experience a Cavaliers show, they are wowed and fully entertained but I would guess they are not emotionally exhausted like more people are from recent Cadets/Phantom/Crown/Vanguard/Scouts/etc... shows. I bet many more people remember what they felt like after experiencing Spartacus, or Cadet's West Side Story, or SCV's Ballet for Martha than Samurai or The Great Divide.

While they do get a lot less attention then the other top corps, at least they don't get all the negative attention like BD (currently), or Cadets (a few years ago).

This is purely my own opinion, but I believe there are a few strong reasons why the Cavaliers don't get as much love as many other corps.

1.They have had more success in the last 10 years than anybody (except arguably the Blue Devils) and everyone likes an underdog.

2.Because they are the runaway number 1 favorite among the "Bando" crowd most years, it is not "hip" on a drum corps forum with "true" drum corps fans, to like them too much.

3.Their shows often do not produce the kind of emotional response that makes them memorable. When people experience a Cavaliers show, they are wowed and fully entertained but I would guess they are not emotionally exhausted like more people are from recent Cadets/Phantom/Crown/Vanguard/Scouts/etc... shows. I bet many more people remember what they felt like after experiencing Spartacus, or Cadet's West Side Story, or SCV's Ballet for Martha than Samurai or The Great Divide.

While they do get a lot less attention then the other top corps, at least they don't get all the negative attention like BD (currently), or Cadets (a few years ago).

Very well said!

What's with the "woe is me" stuff from Cavies fans on here lately? It's really strange.

• Like 1