WANT and WILL

Want vs Will  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to win?

2. 2. Who do you think WILL win?

As long as BD doesnt win im smiling :))

i'll smile when/if crown is ever good enough to win.

maybe next year.

to address DCI Superfan, though, don't the cavies have a separate message board that's pretty active?

It saddens me how many people just arent cavalier fans. It seems that no one here at DCP really enjoys the cavaliers outside of the obvious honks. The cavaliers have a truly extraordinary show this year, and everyone seems to have the mindset of "yeah they are good, just not my cup of tea at all". I wonder why.

That being said, cadets have a sick show this year as well. Hate BD's and Crown's though. And im a die hard crown fan...

Most cavaliers/cavalier fans tend to stay off this site. So no worries :thumbup:

• Like 1

3.Their shows often do not produce the kind of emotional response that makes them memorable. When people experience a Cavaliers show, they are wowed and fully entertained but I would guess they are not emotionally exhausted like more people are from recent Cadets/Phantom/Crown/Vanguard/Scouts/etc... shows. I bet many more people remember what they felt like after experiencing Spartacus, or Cadet's West Side Story, or SCV's Ballet for Martha than Samurai or The Great Divide.

This is a very intriguing observation!

Samurai is one of the most interesting shoes to me. The last of the great Saucedo-Gaines tandem. I will literally go onto Fan Network at random to watch it. Yet, you're correct (at least for me personally) that I don't feel as emotionally invested in this production as Spartacus, En Fuego, or American Quintet (so on and so forth). Genuinely interesting. . .

Very well said!

What's with the "woe is me" stuff from Cavies fans on here lately? It's really strange.

like i said on another thread, they're finally playing out at drum corps volume and playing more notes. Which is basically what everyone complained about when i marched.

Now that they're doing it and executing it well, people still are just "eh.. they're good but _____ "

You're not gonna be able to please everyone. There's always gonna be SOMETHING people don't like.

Actually, next to Phantom Regiment and Blue Devils, The Cavaliers have the most likes on Facebook. So thats not too bad.

There was no option for "None of the above."

because this is focusing on the top 4 like I said in the op. Dont want/think any of these will win? then dont vote.

Cavalier / Cadets

I would like to see Cavies win it again, I enjoy their show very much. Dont care for Cadets too much but they are getting cleaner and its got more growth than Cavaliers show. I dont think BD has the show to pull off an upset (and I dont want them to). I would LOVE to see Crown win it finally BUT not with this show...not my cup of tea.

Whatever the outcome finals will be very fun this year. Cant wait! :thumbup:

like i said on another thread, they're finally playing out at drum corps volume and playing more notes. Which is basically what everyone complained about when i marched.

Now that they're doing it and executing it well, people still are just "eh.. they're good but _____ "

You're not gonna be able to please everyone. There's always gonna be SOMETHING people don't like.

Actually, next to Phantom Regiment and Blue Devils, The Cavaliers have the most likes on Facebook. So thats not too bad.

I'm curious (the screen name really is true :rolleyes: ) what is it that you think having the a lot of "likes" on Facebook indicates?

Edited by CuriousMe