Can someone please explain the new sheets?

Maybe I missed this, since I don't visit this site in the offseason, but how does the new sheet work?

Mostly I'm curious why there are captions for "Visual Design" and "Music Design." On first reading, it seems as though these captions are actually evaluating the show designers, which means that the score wouldn't change from show to show, no?

I mean, if the music "design" is a 17.7 on July 15, how can is be an 18.4 on July 16? (Random numbers I pulled out of thin air.) Did the show change *that* much?

Whitedawn I heard an explanation of these new score sheets on a broadcast of Fieldpass with Dan Potter and designee Michael Ceseario. Im not sure which episode it was. I also feel that the caption show design is still judging the drill design not the designer. I hope this helps. One other interesting point is that even though the score sheets changed the scores have not changed much.

I thought the new sheets were supposed to gear more towards the entertainment factor?

I thought the new sheets were supposed to gear more towards the entertainment factor?

They were. They are also, according to Cesario, supposed to be easier for the audience to understand. He talked about that being one of the main factors for changing the sheets... I don't understand how these sheets are supposed to be any more clear than the old ones. If anything, they are MORE confusing.

Maybe I missed this, since I don't visit this site in the offseason, but how does the new sheet work?

Mostly I'm curious why there are captions for "Visual Design" and "Music Design." On first reading, it seems as though these captions are actually evaluating the show designers, which means that the score wouldn't change from show to show, no?

I mean, if the music "design" is a 17.7 on July 15, how can is be an 18.4 on July 16? (Random numbers I pulled out of thin air.) Did the show change *that* much?

Can someone please explain to me the "Old" sheets :ph34r:

• Like 1

Can someone please explain to me the "Old" sheets :ph34r:

They actually had understandable terms.

Music captions were broken into Musicianship and Technique.

Guard broke into Content and Achievement of that content.

..., etc.

To some extent, GE has always been a measure of how well the show is put together -- a vague "Show Design" caption, but if anything, the new sheets weight this much, much more for some reason.

What does that have to do with making shows more entertaining? Who knows?