8th Place

I just wanted a topic regarding the race for the eighth spot this year. It appears (as of now) that it is neck and neck between Blue Stars, Madison, Boston, and BK. Each corps has its own strengths and weaknesses that lend for different placement on any given night against the rest of this pack.

Last time they were all together (Minn.) it looked like this:

8.) Scouts 79.85

9.) BAC 79.40

10.) B. Stars 79.85

11.) BK 78.50

Where do you think they will end up tonight? Finals?

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Knights

11. Blue Stars

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Madison Scouts

10. Blue Knights

11. Blue Stars

I have no idea on tonite, although Boston seems to have some momentum coming into San Anton right now, but I would not rule out ANY of these Corps from just attaining " 8th " come Finals. The scores right now are historically low for this time of year.. across the board. This tells me that the DCI judging community this year is perhaps leaving room here for a Corps or 2 to break through come Finals. What we see in placements tonite may not look like what we'll see in Indy. Thats my hope anyway. Then again maybe it'll all line up like we thought it would in preseason, who knows. But up to now anyway, the season has been marked by surprises and volatility.

This tight race for 8th as well as 12th, and 1st, are making for a fun season for all fans..

Scouts have flown in all their "Dream Team" to Texas and have five days off AFTER today to Re-Due their show. I believe no matter if Scouts are 8th or 12th today, we can kiss this show goodbye and will see a new and improved Madison Scouts next week. Then MS will continue a more competitive season..

Today, anything can happen and I'll enjoy the outcome for all the corps on the field.

Go Madison

• Like 2

This tight race for 8th as well as 12th, and 1st, are making for a fun season for all fans..

Scouts have flown in all their "Dream Team" to Texas and have five days off AFTER today to Re-Due their show. we can kiss this show goodbye

I hope they don't scrap this show. It only needs some tweaks here and there in my opinion. The last thing I 'd want to see the Madison Scouts do is rewrite the show, score a few placements higher, but in the process, the show becomes duller. That said, I do agree with you that the Corps shows we see here tonite in San Anton will most likely be adapted and modified within the theme constructed in the off season to make it come alive more. Thats true with a lot of the Corps, imo. Most here recall that Phantom's musical and visual closer in '08 in July, was not what they would see and hear come Finals Night.... although it stayed within the theme construct in both cases.

Edited by BRASSO

I'll say it really shuffles tonight:

8) Madison

9) BK by.02 behind scouts

10) Boston

11) Blue Stars

All within 1.2 of each other

Just dropped some Starbucks by to staff members at BK bout to head out to watch sectionals at MacArthur HS... Brutal drive for Odessa corps last night got in at 8:30... Ouch! BK has sectionals at noon and ensemble 1250-3:00.. Can't wait for Drum Corps at the dome today!!