Open class merger at indy

Someone clarify this..all corps play on Thursday, Top 25 play on Friday, Top 12 on Saturday.

so, if the scores stay pretty consistent in both divisions, then BDB and vanguard cadets have legitimate shots at making finals on saturday?

Someone clarify this..all corps play on Thursday, Top 25 play on Friday, Top 12 on Saturday.

so, if the scores stay pretty consistent in both divisions, then BDB and vanguard cadets have legitimate shots at making finals on saturday?

No, the scores are not directly relate-able. Open class corps generally score around 16-18 points lower on World Class sheets. If I had to guess, I think BDB and SCVC will place somewhere between 19-22.

Open Class and World Class are judged on different sheets during the season, so you cannot compare what they're getting to what the World Class corps are scoring. BDB and SCVC scores at the Prelims show in Indy will probably be somewhere in the range of 12 to 20 points less than what they score at Open Class finals based off of historical trends. Granted, it's been several years since Open Class corps had the opportunity to be judged on the same sheets as the World Class corps.

No in Indy all the corps will be on the World Class Sheets. BDB and Vanguard Cadets have a legitimate shot at semi finals only.

No, the scores are not directly relate-able. Open class corps generally score around 16-18 points lower on World Class sheets. If I had to guess, I think BDB and SCVC will place somewhere between 19-22.

I would have to guess that they will stack up about the same. The current spread has them right about equal with Pioneer when you put them on the same sheets. It will be fun to see how things shake out once we get to Indy!

A wiser person than I told me that BDB and SCVC could reasonably expect to be somewhere around Teal Sound. That jives with about 10-12 points. I would love to see better, but my expectations are not as high.

Does kind of argue for Open and World being scored the same. Would make it a bit more like a sport.

A wiser person than I told me that BDB and SCVC could reasonably expect to be somewhere around Teal Sound. That jives with about 10-12 points. I would love to see better, but my expectations are not as high.

Does kind of argue for Open and World being scored the same. Would make it a bit more like a sport.

IN the DCM days (im my day) we were judged on D1/WC sheets most of the time, even on the DCI tour we were judged on D1/WC sheets. Remember, pre-03, the top 5 from the Div II/III finals got advanced to q-finals and in the past some made a nice run like '96 Les Etoiles, 99 (or was it 98) Patriots, and '00 SCVC (in 01 I think CapReg made a nice run to).

Lest I forget Magic in '02 (Div II champs and make D1 finals)

Edited by Tony Flores

Does this mean Racine Scouts could be in the finals show on Saturday?

Umm... yes, if they somehow increase their scores by ~50 points.

IN the DCM days (im my day) we were judged on D1/WC sheets most of the time, even on the DCI tour we were judged on D1/WC sheets. Remember, pre-03, the top 5 from the Div II/III finals got advanced to q-finals and in the past some made a nice run like '96 Les Etoiles, 99 (or was it 98) Patriots, and '00 SCVC (in 01 I think CapReg wmade a nice run to).

Lest I forget Magic in '02 (Div II champs and make D1 finals)

Magic was Div I caliber all year, but the rules in place at the time required them to re-enter competition in Div II. As the rules exist now, an evaluation team would have come to a Magic rehearsal in the spring and declared them Div I.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor