The Cadets introduced me to 'to tame the perilous skies'. 'Angels in the architecture' is now one of my favorite pieces as well. Go Cadets!

Cavies have one loud hornline this year, wow. They sounded good tonight. Better than the past few shows.

• Like 1

Cavies-What a show. Dig the new ending. Not sure how BD is being scored over a show like this. Actually marching AND playing

• Like 1

Visually that was almost the same exact thing they did in 08, I love the cavies....but that ending is not gonna do them any favors = (

Love the ENTS comments...that's funny. Theme is not that complex. If you listen to the staff video explanations on FN, they explain that it's simply that one character's journey from Ordinary to Extraordinary. It's built on a Cirque de Soleil type of approach...with a transitional character with a simple theme going through with all this 'stuff' happening around him. If you've been to a Cirque show, you don't try to explain it afterward or question the story line, you just enjoy. That's it.

Edited by Splooie89
  • Like 1

Cavies were visual sensory overload, I didn't know where to look

Just tuned at starting at CC: Amazing brass! Fun show, but a lot of cheese factor.

Cavies: Best I've heard their brass in years. Great drill, but definitely some dirt throughout. OK ... the color guard. Really over the top for me. Outfits, movement ... and the guy at the end that gets "crowned" ... is he King Julian from Madagascar? I don't really understand the show (or I suppose the CG interpretation of the music), but it looks and sounds great. They still have some cleaning to do over the next two weeks. More than I would have thought given how they opened the season.