It Seems So Strange....

After weeks and months of preparation, hard work, sweat, and sometimes pain or injury, it just seems so strange that our season is over. We worked so hard to get a production together, and then in 3 short weeks, it’s over. With our season being so short, and having little to no rehearsal time between shows, we set a goal to have our complete production on the field our first weekend out. We accomplished that goal. The first weekend was a bit rough, but it improved over the next two weekends and got better each time.

On July 17th we had our last of 6 shows on 3 consecutive weekends. Our show this year made people laugh, made people cheer, and even made some stand on their feet. Whatever the crowd reaction, we enjoyed performing. This year, we had some of the largest audiences in stadiums around California. Being an “all-age” corps performing only at DCi shows, we usually go on first while people are out in the lot watching their favorite horse warming up. This year, most were in the stands. We got to show them what a DCA corps can do and they thanked us with their applause and cheers. That is a good feeling.

As you all continue to prepare and perform the rest of the summer and work towards that magical September weekend in Rochester, I wish you well and hope you have great success in entertaining. I especially wish my former corps mates from SoCal Dream, who are now marching with other corps across the country, much success for all their hard work. SoCal Dream may not be making the trip to DCA Championships this year, but our thoughts and hearts are with all of our drum corps friends.

To all of DCA, have a great finish to your 2011 season and remember, getting there is half the fun!

• Like 2

After weeks and months of preparation, hard work, sweat, and sometimes pain or injury, it just seems so strange that our season is over. We worked so hard to get a production together, and then in 3 short weeks, it’s over. With our season being so short, and having little to no rehearsal time between shows, we set a goal to have our complete production on the field our first weekend out. We accomplished that goal. The first weekend was a bit rough, but it improved over the next two weekends and got better each time.

On July 17th we had our last of 6 shows on 3 consecutive weekends. Our show this year made people laugh, made people cheer, and even made some stand on their feet. Whatever the crowd reaction, we enjoyed performing. This year, we had some of the largest audiences in stadiums around California. Being an “all-age” corps performing only at DCi shows, we usually go on first while people are out in the lot watching their favorite horse warming up. This year, most were in the stands. We got to show them what a DCA corps can do and they thanked us with their applause and cheers. That is a good feeling.

As you all continue to prepare and perform the rest of the summer and work towards that magical September weekend in Rochester, I wish you well and hope you have great success in entertaining. I especially wish my former corps mates from SoCal Dream, who are now marching with other corps across the country, much success for all their hard work. SoCal Dream may not be making the trip to DCA Championships this year, but our thoughts and hearts are with all of our drum corps friends.

To all of DCA, have a great finish to your 2011 season and remember, getting there is half the fun!

Well-said.

I've heard you guys made quite a good impression on the fans out West this summer. We all hope to see you back at DCAs in 2012!

Bob, Dream had a great run, albeit short season, this year!! We enjoy sharing the DCA-spectrum of the field with you on the West Coast. Our continued support of each other and the activity needs to grow as we work toward building larger corps and a larger crowd in order to "spread the wealth" of the All-Age circuit. I also appreciated a larger crowd in the stands to enjoy our shows, and I would like to give a shout out to the members of the Freelancers Alumni Corps who took the time to make their way into the stands to watch our shows!! Perhaps, together, our three groups can enlighten and inspire more in the west coast drum corps community to get re-involved with an activity that brings so much enjoyment, health, and good times!! The view is definitely better from the field :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bob,

Great show this year! I heard the show was a crowd pleaser. The horn line although small, was definitely mighty. I saw the Walnut video and I thought I was listening to a line at least triple the size. (But we all know that is Thom's forte) Wish I could have stayed to play the show, as I know it would have been fun. I hope next year the big, loud, jazz theme is back, and I can see you guys taking the field in Anna's Polis.

-David L.

Bob, Dream had a great run, albeit short season, this year!! We enjoy sharing the DCA-spectrum of the field with you on the West Coast. Our continued support of each other and the activity needs to grow as we work toward building larger corps and a larger crowd in order to "spread the wealth" of the All-Age circuit. I also appreciated a larger crowd in the stands to enjoy our shows, and I would like to give a shout out to the members of the Freelancers Alumni Corps who took the time to make their way into the stands to watch our shows!! Perhaps, together, our three groups can enlighten and inspire more in the west coast drum corps community to get re-involved with an activity that brings so much enjoyment, health, and good times!! The view is definitely better from the field :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes!

And now that VK Alums are coming along, the west is growing. Kingsmen Alumni have a big ad on the website for their participation in the first SDCA So Cal show on August 20. I"ll ask in the VK alums thread if they will be there too.....

Speaking of that show....do any of you all in this thread know the full lineup for that show? VK, Freelancers, and Kingsmen Alumni? Will they be there?

Edited by Dmlkmen

I feel your pain bro. I was with MCL 2010..... their last half season and at the end of the half seaonon I felt a major emptynesss. Like it was suppose to go on and do something. But after the parades the field corps was not active and I was hungry for things to do.

On the new front I have found the Rocketeers Mini corps in NE Alabama and this is satisfying my craving to march. I only hope u can find the same outlet for your craving. It's worse than crack.

When i saw Kingsmen where coming back ,my frist thoughs where great another all - age group from Califoria .But i see there bringing it back as a junior corps .Sorry they choose that ,would have given others the push to come back as all age corps

Looking forward to seeing you guys next season !

After weeks and months of preparation, hard work, sweat, and sometimes pain or injury, it just seems so strange that our season is over. We worked so hard to get a production together, and then in 3 short weeks, it's over. With our season being so short, and having little to no rehearsal time between shows, we set a goal to have our complete production on the field our first weekend out. We accomplished that goal. The first weekend was a bit rough, but it improved over the next two weekends and got better each time.

On July 17th we had our last of 6 shows on 3 consecutive weekends. Our show this year made people laugh, made people cheer, and even made some stand on their feet. Whatever the crowd reaction, we enjoyed performing. This year, we had some of the largest audiences in stadiums around California. Being an "all-age" corps performing only at DCi shows, we usually go on first while people are out in the lot watching their favorite horse warming up. This year, most were in the stands. We got to show them what a DCA corps can do and they thanked us with their applause and cheers. That is a good feeling.

Yes!

And now that VK Alums are coming along, the west is growing. Kingsmen Alumni have a big ad on the website for their participation in the first SDCA So Cal show on August 20. I"ll ask in the VK alums thread if they will be there too.....

Speaking of that show....do any of you all in this thread know the full lineup for that show? VK, Freelancers, and Kingsmen Alumni? Will they be there?

That show has been cancelled, as far as I know.