Summer Music Games in Salem, VA

The problem with hoping for 12 corps over 90 in finals is that means they all have to fit between 9.0 and 10.0 in each subcaption. 10.0s are rare, and so unless the judge is planning on just slotting corps or is planning to create a lot of ties, they need to start below 9.0. Some captions certainly will all be over 9.0 but not enough to get everyone over 90.

So basically the system inherently is a little flawed in that sense unless they want a lot of ties I guess...It would be sweet though :smile:

Madison takes BAC in drums for the first time since June, I believe. Nice when a judge is smart (and brave) enough to reflect reality and not just go by the peer pressured status quo !!!!!

• Like 1

I believe Blue Devils and Phantom Regiment, and Phantom Regiment and SCV have gone up against each other more than any other corps so far, thanks to the west coast tour and the TOC shows.

True. Phantom vs SCV 21 times, Phantom vs. BD 21 times, BAC vs. Madison 18 times, BAC vs. BK 11 times.

By contrast, Blue Stars has gone against Madison 6 times. Blue Stars have competed against Boston only 3 times this year.

Edited by BRASSO

All that research and NO stats?

Madison takes BAC in drums for the first time since June, I believe. Nice when a judge is smart (and brave) enough to reflect reality and not just go by the peer pressured status quo !!!!!

BAC's drumline and entire Corps has been very solid once they grew into their show. I would be hard pressed to say that beating Madison is drums thus far was related to peer pressure and the status quo.

Actually, the last time Madison beat Boston in Percussion wasn't June. It was the 2nd week in July at the Madison Scouts home show in Madison, Wisc. It was nice to see Boston get a smart and brave enough Guard judge tonite in Virginia to reflect reality and not go with the peer pressured status quo too. These things do have a way of evening themselves out most nights it seems.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Actually, the last time Madison beat Boston in Percussion wasn't June. It was the 2nd week in July at the Madison Scouts home show in Madison, Wisc. It was nice to see Boston get a smart and brave enough Guard judge tonite in Virginia to reflect reality and not go with the peer pressured status quo too. These things do have a way of evening themselves out most nights it seems.

Yes...about time the beautiful guard work gets some love :smile:

• Like 2

BAC's drumline and entire Corps has been very solid once they grew into their show. I would be hard pressed to say that beating Madison is drums thus far was related to peer pressure and the status quo.

Very much agree...I don't think peer pressure is happening "this season at least" much at all...

Edited by Liahona

Yes...about time the beautiful guard work gets some love :smile:

Yes... I've thought they've been underscored, but the reality is I don't know much about guard, but it just seemed so to this amateur's eyes.

So basically the system inherently is a little flawed in that sense unless they want a lot of ties I guess...It would be sweet though :smile:

The "system" is not flawed. It's just basic mathematics.