West Chester - The Best Chester

Caves show is ok, they jsut don't play or move as well as either of the top two, nor is it as entertaining.

Yowza. You watching the same corps everyone else is watching? Shouldn't a corps have to . . . you know, MOVE . . . to get credit for moving?

Yowza. You watching the same corps everyone else is watching? Shouldn't a corps have to . . . you know, MOVE . . . to get credit for moving?

BD moves plenty. Of course, one could say about Cavies they should play more (lots of downtime for the brass). But honestly, it's not worth it. BD has just as demanding a program as anyone else, it's just not in speed. Hell, they have more visual variety than Cavies and Cadets, but most people overlook that because they believe speed=demand.

I liked Cavies program a lot. But Cadets and Devils it ain't.

Well, I'm biased, but based on your sig, I'd say so are you. I think BD's show is levels below Cavies' and Cadets' in terms of difficulty. Apologies if this constitutes breaking the secret DCP oath. I think BD plays easy music very, very well - gorgeously, in fact -- but that's about it. And I'm a huge BD fan (besides being a Cavies FMM).

• Like 1

I dont think there's any bias at all right now in the top 3. Everyone is where they should be (at the moment(

Blue Devils- Not as difficult as the other two, but executing it like a CHAMP. Cant argue with clean

Cadet- Not as clean as BD, but the show is amazing. Hands down. Definitely could see them winning

Cavaliers- As much as i love this show, i feel like they might of maxed out their show too early.. Which i guess is what's holding them back. Because its definitely not show design

I'd have to agree with your post. From what I saw last night way down on the 10 yard line, Devils were the cleanest, then Cadets, then Cavies.

I have no complaints about the traffic flow leaving the show this year. Much better than some other years! Took the sneaky back way out to 52 and was home well before 11pm.

Lets just settle this the old fashioned way!

EVERYONEs corps has the most movement.

EVERYONEs corps plays the hardest music

EVERYONEs corps has the most original idea

EVERYONEs corps plays the most "musically"

EVERYONEs corps was the crowd favorite (We all know for sure, because all of the people around us all said so out loud. They all loved MY corps and no other corps)

EVERYONEs corps has the coolest busses

EVERYONEs corps has the tastiest dishes on the food truck

EVERYONEs corps has the coolest finish on their drums

EVERYONEs corps SHOULD have won, but lost to BS politics and poor judging

IF anyones corps DID win, the other corps just had a bad night + poor corrupt judging caused your awful corps to beat mine. Just wait til the next show!

• Like 2

I wouldn't necessarily call BD's show this year a "flawless product". Every drum corp has a lot to improve in certain areas and it is not the finals yet.

And I am pretty happy with Cadets and Cavaliers doing "stupid hard shows" because frankly I want to be entertained and watch DCI be progressive and continually challenge themselves by pushing the limits. This is what BD is not doing in these recent years and sadly I am disappointed.

Oh and I'll give you one tiny example of a "ridiculously hard show" that is a flawless product

Phantom Regiment - 2008 Spartacus

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: no bias i swear!

It may have been stupid hard for them, but compared to everyone else? Not so much

Just MY $0.02, and of course I don't know anything, BUT ....

Anyone who says SCV's drum book is easier than the top 3 doesn't know anything about percussion. That's a complex book. They generate QUALITY sound, top to bottom. Pit to battery, and segments within the battery ... THE BEST OF THE NIGHT. Does it work with the brass? Absolutely not. Ensemble music SHOULD suffer ... its weak. But the percussion caption should reward them. NOBODY played as well as they did tonight. Plain and simple!

BD ... I don't get it. Everyone's talking about their excellence vs. the others. I DON'T SEE IT. Every other year, I did. but I saw feet phasing .... Championships is in a little more than a week. That's not the devils I know. Their horn sound was unbelievably good ... but that's it. I don't see how its scoring as well as it is. But again, that's just me.

Madison Scouts (ok, I am an alum) WERE ON FIRE. They have a fantastic show, which clearly is not as complex as their competitors, but they sell the crap out of it. NO WAY should SCV beat them in either effect caption or ensemble music... no way. I definately see a gigantic spread in Vanguard's favor percussively, but I honestly yawned through their entire show.

Surf was leaps and bounds improved from when I saw them in Jackson. That show is really staring to come into its own.

I need to ask a Cavaliers question (and I apologize if this was discussed elsewhere). Has anyone REALLY EXAMINED that tenor feature? I do NOT believe the upside down guys are playing. I SWEAR they are just faking. If that's the case, its total bull. If they ARE playing, then its amazing, but I sat 50 yd line, row 3 and I didn't see a single stick hit a single head. Perhaps it was just tonight, perhaps they've been faking all along, perhaps I'm seeing things. But seeing them faking was like finding out there's no Santa Claus. I felt cheated ... THOUGHTS???

Its real, i promise.

This is how the tenor thing started.

The drummers sent in a video to Mcintosh about them joking around while playing upside down. Apparently Mike thought it worked well with the show so they put it in.

So just so we are clear, the whole "upside down" thing was just a freak accident. A joke the drummers thought would be pretty fun.

BD moves plenty. Of course, one could say about Cavies they should play more (lots of downtime for the brass). But honestly, it's not worth it. BD has just as demanding a program as anyone else, it's just not in speed. Hell, they have more visual variety than Cavies and Cadets, but most people overlook that because they believe speed=demand.

False

False