West Chester - The Best Chester

This is starting to remind me of 1998 when the top 3 were less than a point apart all three nights of championships.

And also because there's something sort of '98 about BD and Cadets' shows this year. At least to me.

I just have to say... I love this season. I love, love, love this season. Among these three, I don't care who wins. I think finals are going to be host to one of the most exciting top 12 lineups the activity's seen. :worthy:

Edited by saxfreq1128

It's obvious that the biased and quite possibly corrupt judges of DCI are slowly ruining the activity.

Wow. Blame for "ruining" the activity is really going in all different directions.

Ya know? I think it's your fault for ruining DCI. :tongue:

Edited by Noname
  • Like 1

Those "band kids" are our F-U-T-U-R-E

And the BEST thing about "any of the YEA shows"

IMHO,

George

unless you cant hear the corps over them. I know I behaved better at that age

• Like 1

Can't say for band kids, but the title of the thread cracks me up every time I see it. Is there actually an East Chester?

Mike

no but it is west of Chester

This used to be the Crossmen home show. How come they're not there?

because home is now texas

YEAH SANTA CLARA VANGUARD! Great job popping 90 tonight! All the way, Santa Clara!

saw them rehearse last night. looks like the kids applied what the staff was telling them.

• Like 2

Weird recaps. Cadets 0.4 behind Cavies (0.2 behind BD) in Music GE, leading to 3rd total GE for Cadets. Cadets 2nd in all visual captions (1st in guard achievement) but come out tied for first total visual because BD had a low visual ensemble score. Cadets win brass and music ensemble, 2nd percussion, and win music. You get a different Music GE judge and/or a different visual ensemble judge and things could look totally different.

which means the double GE panels may balance things out.....or make it crazier yet

unless you cant hear the corps over them. I know I behaved better at that age

The kids that sat around us where fantastic. Kept talking to the time between performances, and chatted about what they liked. Can't tell you what bands they were from, but there were a credit to them regardless.

The show itself ran smooth as silk. My only complaint is the announcer. This was the second YEA show I was at this summer and he announced both. He tends to yell into the microphone most of the time, which, is kind of dumb seeing as how it's a microphone.

Also, the seats are ridiculously close together, something like 15 inches. Even skinny folks were crammed in like sardines. But that's a West Chester problem, not a YEA one.

The kids that sat around us where fantastic. Kept talking to the time between performances, and chatted about what they liked. Can't tell you what bands they were from, but there were a credit to them regardless.

The show itself ran smooth as silk. My only complaint is the announcer. This was the second YEA show I was at this summer and he announced both. He tends to yell into the microphone most of the time, which, is kind of dumb seeing as how it's a microphone.

Also, the seats are ridiculously close together, something like 15 inches. Even skinny folks were crammed in like sardines. But that's a West Chester problem, not a YEA one.

i just dont go anymore. getting in and out's a mess, and the stadium is too tight. I'm not huge but it makes Allentown feel roomy

i just dont go anymore. getting in and out's a mess, and the stadium is too tight. I'm not huge but it makes Allentown feel roomy

Lol...get there early, come in from the boro (there is more than one way in) meet friends after, and leave after the rush.

Yeah, ok...maybe that doesn't work for people with regular jobs, but its a pretty fun schedule for me :)