best solo performed in 2011 top 12 corps

but the best i've heard live this year was BD's trumpet, excellent sound

WIth or without the microphones.....? Maybe next year they won't mic them, if enough people say something. :thumbdown:

The opening Academy trumpet solo.

Also, Nathaniel Pratt's solo with Madison.

Nathan is the son of Indiana University director of Bands, Steve Pratt. Nathan was one of my son's best friends in high school- they played musicals together, marched hs band, and played in one of the best high school jazz bands in the planet. Now Thomas is marching for BD, and Nathan's the beautiful soloist for Scouts. A huge testate to Janis Stockhouse and Tom Wilson- their high school band directors.

Love the activity. It brings out the best in our kids.

• Like 1

WIth or without the microphones.....? Maybe next year they won't mic them, if enough people say something. :thumbdown:

Probably without. The only solos that are mic'd are the screaming/lip trilling solos. I don't really describe those as having a "great sound". Just "awesome".

without a doubt the Boston Crusaders baritone soloist. bring him home . the last note 21 counts long amazing

Yes--got my vote!

Also: Academy's piccolo trumpet solo and Spirit's flugel solo are also tops!

Edited by CrownBariDad

Crossmen have the best trumpet soloists this summer.

Yes they do i would lke to say that i marched drum corps with crossmens battery caption head parents.he is awesome. good luck and keep pushing.

trumpets are awesome

Edited by mondocane1970

Yes--got my vote!

Also: Academy's piccolo trumpet solo and Spirit's flugel solo are also tops!

hello Mrcrownbaridad, i would like to say that herbert washington on rifle is a solist in his own right. what an amazing performer. good luck and your corps is amazing.

Edited by mondocane1970
  • Like 1

Probably without. The only solos that are mic'd are the screaming/lip trilling solos. I don't really describe those as having a "great sound". Just "awesome".

THe one opening the show is mic'd as well. And why would the Blue Devils EVER use a mic for a screaming solo?