A Cavalier Question

They wouldn't fake it when a judge could stand right there. At least I don't think so.

If you watch drum cam episode 2 on the fan network, it'll show a short snippet of them playing upside down from a drum cam. Ironically it's still kind of hard to tell, because there's no audio for it.

My suspicion is that because they're playing upside down, the stick doesn't stay as close to the head as long as it normally would (even if it is fractions of a second).

Technically, they COULD fake it with a judge right there. The judge is only judging what he sees and hears. If its clean, there's no reason for him two comment on what would clearly be a design choice. any corps can CHOOSE to have to guys playing and three guys moving their arms as a visual effect. I'm not saying that's what's being done... just allowing for the possibility.

They wouldn't fake it when a judge could stand right there. At least I don't think so.

edited for spelling

Edited by TchMuzk

They could, but I know for a fact that The Cavaliers hold their members to a higher esteem than faking a drum part. They're playing it. It's not that more difficult to play upside down, jsut for prolonged periods it can get tiresome.

• Like 1

we had a guy on snare who had to air drum the whole show in Ypsi in 1987 cause his bottom head got torn right as we were going into the stadium. So he air drummed the entire show. what sucked was he was a vet who came in mid season to fill out the line cause we had a couple guys quit during the season, and this was his first show to perform with us that season.

So it's not that hard to air drum a part for guys at this level.

People say, "lol" but do they really mean it? Well, upon reading this thread, I literally laughed out loud.

Yes. They are all playing every note, especially Anthony, Jack and Mikey Spooner who are upside down.

I will say at our last rehearsal site, however, there was a grassy knoll.

Mods?

Thank-you.

Michael McIntosh

• Like 7

People say, "lol" but do they really mean it? Well, upon reading this thread, I literally laughed out loud.

Yes. They are all playing every note, especially Anthony, Jack and Mikey Spooner who are upside down.

Mods?

Thank-you.

Michael McIntosh

And there you go.

Mods?

Thank-you.

Michael McIntosh

And boom goes the dynamite.

Keep rocking Mac.

Mods?

Thank-you.

Michael McIntosh

Killer!