DCI Takes Heat for Phantom Regiment/No Housing!

My Drum and Bugle corps...the Phantom Regiment...needs housing accomodations for championship week in/near Indianapolis, Indiana. If anyone out there has connections with a school that would be interested hosting the corps from Wed 8/10 thru Sat 8/13, please contact them directly at prinfo@regiment.org. Seriously. They should NOT have to be dealing with this the week before finals. Get on the ball, DCI!

• Like 7

I spoke with a director at a local high school TONIGHT who is very close to bringing them in. Things will work out.

This was NOT DCI's fault, I can confirm that for you. So please stop saying that.

• Like 2

Drum corps have staff to take care of this. It's like blaming the federal government if you can't find a hotel when you're on vacation

• Like 6

Is it really DCI's responsiblity to get housing for corps?

I don't think so....

Apparently, DCI did not follow up on insuring the housing committments made for everyone.

• Like 1

Apparently, DCI did not follow up on insuring the housing committments made for everyone.

DCI does NOT enter into contract with schools. Drum Corps do.

I'd also like to point out, in the Pat Seidling era, he found his own finals week housing sites, sometimes they were a long ways away, but they were always FAR better than the DCI "hook ups".

Buffalo was probably the worst as far as the championships. PR had some bad draws for that one, including one year where the facilities had no showers/water to bathe with. People bathed under the food truck water hose, with swimsuits on the whole week.

or maybe the corps didn't follow up???? I was under the understanding that each corps handled their own housing.

It happens. As I recall Blue Devils had to make a late change in housing location a couple of years ago.

I would think that bringing all of the Open Class corps to Indy makes it even more difficult.

• Like 1

OR, it could be that they did follow-up and everything was good to go until TODAY when the administration at Taylor HS pulled the plug on it.

There's not much you can do when the administration makes a decision, not fully aware of the effects of that choice and just how much their decision harms not only (1) the local band program, and (2) the corps itself in a very hectic DCI Finals week.

#### happens.

• Like 1