DCI Takes Heat for Phantom Regiment/No Housing!

I really think this was DCI getting back at Regiment for 2008. I also blame a certain judge who's first name might be Marie.

I lol'd. :thumbup:

My Drum and Bugle corps...the Phantom Regiment...needs housing accomodations for championship week in/near Indianapolis, Indiana. If anyone out there has connections with a school that would be interested hosting the corps from Wed 8/10 thru Sat 8/13, please contact them directly at prinfo@regiment.org. Seriously. They should NOT have to be dealing with this the week before finals. Get on the ball, DCI!

I didn't even read the thread, but feel compelled to 'nicely' inform you that it's not DCI's fault that a housing site that has housed Phantom for the last few years suddenly backed out of housing due to new administration and other circumstances.

The only thing that is worth reading in your rant is that they should not have to be dealing with this. You're right, but it's hardly DCI's fault.

Grow up.

I didn't even read the thread, but feel compelled to 'nicely' inform you that it's not DCI's fault that a housing site that has housed Phantom for the last few years suddenly backed out of housing due to new administration and other circumstances.

The only thing that is worth reading in your rant is that they should not have to be dealing with this. You're right, but it's hardly DCI's fault.

Grow up.

You should read the thread - it got resolved amicably.

Mike

• Like 1

DCI does NOT enter into contract with schools. Drum Corps do.

I'd also like to point out, in the Pat Seidling era, he found his own finals week housing sites, sometimes they were a long ways away, but they were always FAR better than the DCI "hook ups".

Buffalo was probably the worst as far as the championships. PR had some bad draws for that one, including one year where the facilities had no showers/water to bathe with. People bathed under the food truck water hose, with swimsuits on the whole week.

DCI does the contract for Finals. I have mine for next week sitting on my desk.

• Like 1

OR, it could be that they did follow-up and everything was good to go until TODAY when the administration at Taylor HS pulled the plug on it.

There's not much you can do when the administration makes a decision, not fully aware of the effects of that choice and just how much their decision harms not only (1) the local band program, and (2) the corps itself in a very hectic DCI Finals week.

#### happens.

The original plug-pulling was at Pike HS.

Obviously , the longer a corps stays at a school, the more potential for friction between someone at the school (who may push to prevent re-housing in following years) and the corps. Will having finals in the same place every year, which means having a whole bunch of corps in the same area, every year, for a week, ultimately become harder and harder over time due to this?

Also, august 8 for indy schools... ridiculous. School should start after labor day and end before memorial day, barring snow days.

• Like 1

Obviously , the longer a corps stays at a school, the more potential for friction between someone at the school (who may push to prevent re-housing in following years) and the corps. Will having finals in the same place every year, which means having a whole bunch of corps in the same area, every year, for a week, ultimately become harder and harder over time due to this?

Also, august 8 for indy schools... ridiculous. School should start after labor day and end before memorial day, barring snow days.

How about year around schooling?

More and more school districts are going that direction.

What will drum corps do then?

Honestly, I didn't mean to stir the pot...just wanted to see if there were some connections on here to find a location a.s.a.p. Glad to hear that something is happening. If that is the case, I'll leave it alone! ;)

You're really not helping by stirring the pot and pointing fingers at anyone. Unless you have some specific experience in securing housing sites, i'd suggest you don't make any more calls and leave this up to DCI's housing manager. You may be stepping all over what he's trying to do to solve the issue.

• Like 1