Finals Week Predictions

I have the following predictions for finals week.

I we will see at least 2 different winners during the week. I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Devils won on Thursday, but I think Friday and Saturday, they will come in probably 2nd and 3rd each night(with a totally outside chance of coming in 4th to Crown, but not likely from what the judges have been saying the last couple of weeks)

I think Cadets and Cavies will end up 1-2, could go either way by Saturday night.

More than likely 3-4 will be Blue Devils/Carolina Crown

And while Phantom has had 5th locked up for awhile, I wouldn't be completely surprised if SCV didn't end up nipping them for 5th by Saturday night. With Phantom ending 6th and Bluecoats 7th.

I think 8-9-10 will be Boston, Madison, Blue Knights, with G8 Blue Stars ending their season in 11th place.

I am calling the judges joke for 12th to be a tie between Spirit(who really deserves to be here) and Troopers(who shouldn't even be scoring an 80 with that show right now). The judges have been scoring them way too high all season long, with absolutely no GE. Even people pushing for Troopers don't applaud for them during the show other than their really long chord. But the judges have had to do this all season long to make people believe they actually could possibly deserve to be there.

Glassmen should be in 13th place and Academy 14th, but with the wacky judging, and Troopers tying on semis to make finals, Glassmen will end up 14th, and Academy 15th. Colts will take 16th, followed by Crossmen, unless judges switch them, which seems to be the general consensus of the people.

18th Pacific Crest

19th Mandarins

20th Teal Sound

21st Blue Devils B

22nd Vanguard Cadets

23rd Jersey Surf

24th Revolution

25th Oregon Crusaders

Troopers shouldn't be even scoring an 80! This is garbage and you know it! It is hard to believe that every judge in DCI is in a "conspiracy" to give Troopers a higher score. If you don't appreciate their show just say it and stop being insulting. I may think that a certain corps shouldn't beat another but I will never say that one corps is being over-scored by 4 points! That is just ridiculous! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

• Like 6

Troopers shouldn't be even scoring an 80! This is garbage and you know it! It is hard to believe that every judge in DCI is in a "conspiracy" to give Troopers a higher score. If you don't appreciate their show just say it and stop being insulting. I may think that a certain corps shouldn't beat another but I will never say that one corps is being over-scored by 4 points! That is just ridiculous! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Troopers are performing it well, but the show itself is definitely the weakest in the top 20. There isn't a single caption/subcaption that they should even be within a tenth or two of either Spirit or Glassmen. So yes, they are without a doubt being overscored by at least 4 points at this time, and have been all season. But there is a huge push to get them into finals once again. The exact same thing happened in 2009 with them. So my prediction is they will tie Spirit to make finals, before falling to Spirit for 13th on Saturday night. I have sat through their show 5 times live now, and seen all the different performances live and on demand through the fannetwork. If it weren't for the long chord, there would be absolutely no response from the crowd, as there is almost nothing going on, musically or visually to even stimulate audience response. I do blame the staff on this, as the show itself is to blame, not the outstanding young performers.

• Like 3

WOW, almost all of you have Bluecoats finishing #7 in the 5,6,7 race...

I am very surprised after seeing Atlanta, and then Allentown. Bluecoats have been, by far, the better corps. But it really shows how much show design comes into play -- undoubtedly most of the scoring by judges and armchair folks like us are very swayed by the "entertainment factor" (i.e. GE), which also happens to be 40% of the show scoring. :)

But I have to say, there are 5 corps that have been making major moves in the past 2 weeks. These corps have a VERY good chance at making a leap up in the final week:

Going into Finals week, listed in order from extreme momentum to good momentum:

1. Bluecoats

2. Cadets

3. BAC

4. Blue Stars

5. Crown

This is just how I see it, given that I have watched every show possible this year. I have been closely watching every top 12 corps for the first time this year, and am very confident in my opinion. BUT, I do recognize that judging tends to be VERY conservative and also tends to have lots of memory from previous shows. SO, anything can happen. And, of course, each person is going to have a different take on things, but I do believe from an objective viewpoint, that these are the "hot" corps right now, because of the "upgrades" to their show recently, and the better execution of those ideas lately.

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 1

Unless something changes in the judges minds this week, I don't think Blue Stars are gonna budge as much as I hate to say it. I really hope something happens, but I'm not sure how likely that would be.

I see it going down like this:

1) The Cadets/Blue Devils (can't decide at all) - 98.6

2) The Cadets Blue Devils - 98.2

3) The Cavaliers - 97.5

4) Carolina Crown - 96.9

5) Phantom Regiment - 95.2

6) Bluecoats - 94.6

7) Santa Clara Vanguard - 93.8

8) Boston Crusaders - 91.25

9) Madison Scouts - 90.5

10) Blue Knights - 90

11) Blue Stars - 88.9

12) Spirit of Atlanta - 86.8

13) Glassmen - 85.9

14) Troopers - 85.4

15) The Academy - 83.9

16) Colts - 82.8

17) Crossmen - 82.5

18) Pacific Crest - 80.2

19) Teal Sound - 78.2

20) Mandarins - 77.9

21) Jersey Surf - 76.8

22) Cascades - 76.1

23) Pioneer - 73.8

(Not how I'd like it to happen, but being realistic)

Edited by DrumManTx

The Cadets

Blue Devils

The Cavaliers

Carolina Crown

Phantom Regiment

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

Santa Clara Vanguard

Madison Scouts

Blue Knights

Blue Stars

Spirit of Atlanta

** Not even going to try assign scores ....

• Like 1

Troopers are performing it well, but the show itself is definitely the weakest in the top 20. There isn't a single caption/subcaption that they should even be within a tenth or two of either Spirit or Glassmen. So yes, they are without a doubt being overscored by at least 4 points at this time, and have been all season. But there is a huge push to get them into finals once again. The exact same thing happened in 2009 with them. So my prediction is they will tie Spirit to make finals, before falling to Spirit for 13th on Saturday night. I have sat through their show 5 times live now, and seen all the different performances live and on demand through the fannetwork. If it weren't for the long chord, there would be absolutely no response from the crowd, as there is almost nothing going on, musically or visually to even stimulate audience response. I do blame the staff on this, as the show itself is to blame, not the outstanding young performers.

So you are backing the "conspiracy theory" that Troopers are bing overscored! This is hilarious! I guess we need to bring out Elvis and the Trilateral commission to judge the rest of the shows to make sure that this corps makes finals! I am not a musical scholar, but, I really find it hard to believe that there is a "cabal" of judges making sure that Troopers are scored higher than they deserve. (Maybe it is the judge on the grassy knoll!) :tongue::rolleyes::blink:

• Like 1

Just for fun:

Thursday:

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers (tie)

2. Cadets (tie)

4. Crown

5. Phantom

6. SCV

7. Bluecoats

8. Boston

9. Madison

10. Blue Knights

11. Blue Stars

12. Troopers

13. Spirit

14. Academy

15. Glassmen

16. Colts

17. Crossmen

18. Pacific Crest

19. Oregon Crusaders

20+ not going there

Friday:

1. Cavaliers

2. Blue Devils (tie)

2. Cadets (tie)

4. Crown

5. Phantom

6. SCV

7. Boston

8. Bluecoats

9. Madison

10. Blue Stars (tie)

10. Blue Knights (tie)

12. Spirit

13. Academy

14. Troopers

15. Glassmen

16. Colts

17. Crossmen

18+ not going there

Saturday:

1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils (tie)

2. Cavaliers (tie)

4. Crown

5. Phantom

6. Boston

7. SCV

8. Bluecoats

9. Madison

10. Blue Knights

11. Blue Stars

12. Spirit

Summary:

Cadets take it all. Different winner each night. Second place tie each night. Crown and Phantom solid 4,5. Boston surges to 6th. Troopers blow their load at prelims, take 12th, but then sink below Spirit and Academy in semis.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 2

So you are backing the "conspiracy theory" that Troopers are bing overscored! This is hilarious! I guess we need to bring out Elvis and the Trilateral commission to judge the rest of the shows to make sure that this corps makes finals! I am not a musical scholar, but, I really find it hard to believe that there is a "cabal" of judges making sure that Troopers are scored higher than they deserve. (Maybe it is the judge on the grassy knoll!) :tongue::rolleyes::blink:

Fine, I understand your reluctance to admit there might be something weird in the judging. I personally have nothing for or against any of the corps. i simply state my opinion, and you can agree or disagree. But seriously, watch Troopers show, and also watch Spirit of Atlanta, and Glassmen. Compare every single statistical category individually. Do you see any area at all that Troopers should be beating Glassmen or Spirit? Brass, Colorguard, Percussion, Visual GE, Music GE? The closest Troopers should be in any caption would be at least 2 tenths of a point back. Even the Glassmen who many people think are boring are receiving ten times the applause during their show as Troopers are. Now Troopers may have one of the nicest moments of the season when they hold their chord, but it is sad on the other hand that there isn't anything more exciting in their show than the held chord.

You don't think DCI hasn't noticed discontent from the people? You don't think DCI hasn't noticed that people are bored? You don't think DCI won't do things to make the season more exciting? The excitement at the top 4 level is real and valid, but they know that most people are bored with the same corps always at the top. So the 12-17 spots this year is where they are trying to make it exciting. And if you read the message boards they have done a pretty good job spicing it up and making it exciting. However, if you have Glassmen, Spirit and Academy vying for the 12th place spot, you have a 3 corps race that are on the same level, however when you start to add Troopers, Colts and Crossmen to that possibly making finas race, you actually have a joke, because those 3 corps are nowhere near the level now that Spirit, Glassmen or Academy are on.

Just for fun:

Saturday:

1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils (tie)

2. Cavaliers (tie)

4. Crown

5. Phantom

6. Boston

7. SCV

8. Bluecoats

9. Madison

10. Blue Knights

11. Blue Stars

12. Spirit

Summary:

Cadets take it all. Different winner each night. Second place tie each night. Crown and Phantom solid 4,5. Boston surges to 6th. Troopers blow their load at prelims, take 12th, but then sink below Spirit and Academy in semis.

I like your BOLD prediction! :smile:

Edited by Liahona