Blue Devils/Cadets Season Long Battle

This has been an absolute terrible season for anyone who wants to have things cut and dried and hates mystery and intrigue when it comes to corps placements. If there is anyone like that, they've got to be living in total misery, being unable to focus on anything other than the results of the head-to-head battles going on.

Something I think Devils need to consider if they are going on after Cadets, as they did in Allentown...

Cadets spin poles that are prisim taped or somehow generate a very cool effect under the lights while they are being spun or tossed. Right after this, Devils spin poles that are pretty blah by comparison. It doesn't matter how well Devils perform that section, it will always suffer in comparison to Cadets.

• Like 1

For two years straight Tekk (aka 2000Cadet) has owed me push-ups at Indy!!!! I waited by the BD souvee booth as planned.... but no Tekk!!! Now I implore you....should I have to do push-ups if the Cadets prevail (by some freak possiblity :rolleyes: )????

You know, balance of the universe, yin & yang, feng shui and all that crap.

• Like 2

Something I think Devils need to consider if they are going on after Cadets, as they did in Allentown...

Cadets spin poles that are prisim taped or somehow generate a very cool effect under the lights while they are being spun or tossed. Right after this, Devils spin poles that are pretty blah by comparison. It doesn't matter how well Devils perform that section, it will always suffer in comparison to Cadets.

I saw the shows in Lawrence and was blown away by both corps, its a toss in my opinion and I doubt poles will make a difference. Looking forward to seeing Cavies join the mix in Indy. This Blue Devils/Cadets battle is great and regardless of what side you come down on they are two great corps.

• Like 1

I may be wrong here, but I don't think there's a "cool pole" caption on the sheets. On the other hand, there is a caption that deals with how in sync the guard spins the "cool poles". Just a blah thought.

For two years straight Tekk (aka 2000Cadet) has owed me push-ups at Indy!!!! I waited by the BD souvee booth as planned.... but no Tekk!!! Now I implore you....should I have to do push-ups if the Cadets prevail (by some freak possiblity :rolleyes: )????

You know, balance of the universe, yin & yang, feng shui and all that crap.

lol triple or nothing?

I may be wrong here, but I don't think there's a "cool pole" caption on the sheets. On the other hand, there is a caption that deals with how in sync the guard spins the "cool poles". Just a blah thought.

Thank you - it's been a while since I saw sheets but I wasn't sure if I remembered a "cool pole" caption or not. Glad you cleared that up for me...

However, if two corps perform a similar section back to back and one is more effective than the other - could have an impact, no? I'm not a BD hater or a Cadet honk, just making an observation here....

• Like 1

The top three this year is the best battle I've heard of in the activity. Especially between the Cadets and Blue Devils. More than one show where they're less than a tenth of a point away from eachother, a tie, and the season's not even over yet. I'm really excited to see how this pans out over finals week. It's closer now than it was in '08, but '08 ended up being absolutely amazing just because Phantom did the unexpected. Everyone's expecting it to be close this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them slipped. And Blue Devils don't usually slip.

I would love to see The Cadets win though.

I wouldn't place bets on Cavies or Crown passing any corps but each other this week.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a general effect caption though.