Blue Knights 2011.

I've been reading a few threads about old shows, specifically SCV '89 asking if it could win today.

It got me thinking...

A lot of people have said that Blue Knights this year have an old skool type show. Others have been saying that this is the best Blue Knights ever.

Do you think that they would have a shot of winning in '89?

Of course we have to ignore the synths and type of brass. Other than that, how do you think they would have done?

I believe that they would have still been around 7th place.

I've been reading a few threads about old shows, specifically SCV '89 asking if it could win today.

It got me thinking...

A lot of people have said that Blue Knights this year have an old skool type show. Others have been saying that this is the best Blue Knights ever.

Do you think that they would have a shot of winning in '89?

Of course we have to ignore the synths and type of brass. Other than that, how do you think they would have done?

I believe that they would have still been around 7th place.

I think you're right. Star's British show would have beaten them. That's not to say BK isn't really good. My favorite BK show ever.

I think you're right. Star's British show would have beaten them. That's not to say BK isn't really good. My favorite BK show ever.

Good catch! That's why I picked them in 7th. I felt that Star that year was great, and is probably the best "British" themed show ever ( borrowed music from other corps and played it better than they did), but Blue Knights' show is great and unique too.

Good catch! That's why I picked them in 7th. I felt that Star that year was great, and is probably the best "British" themed show ever ( borrowed music from other corps and played it better than they did), but Blue Knights' show is great and unique too.

The other thing is that in 1989, the top six were incredibly strong corps. The drag is that of that six, the only one who had their best run at finals was Cadets. Had those corps all put their strongest run on the field at finals, we may have seen some minor movement in placement, with the end result making the year even stronger than it was at finals.

Edited by Kamarag

I can't believe I'm asking this as I am not a fan of amped vocals and DC; Does anyone know the name of the singer/song at the beginning of BK's pre-show?

I can't believe I'm asking this as I am not a fan of amped vocals and DC; Does anyone know the name of the singer/song at the beginning of BK's pre-show?

"My Bonny Boy" on the album Kitchen Fairytales by Visnja.

Best BK show ever? No. The best BK show ever was 1999. Specifically, the quarterfinals performance.

Best BK show ever? No. The best BK show ever was 1999. Specifically, the quarterfinals performance.

Nail .. HEAD!!

I do make this my 3rd fav show for BK.

Would it have won in 89? No.

Franky Jeff, I find it insulting you would push my Scouts back to 8th for that year :tongue: lol

Nail .. HEAD!!

I do make this my 3rd fav show for BK.

Would it have won in 89? No.

Franky Jeff, I find it insulting you would push my Scouts back to 8th for that year :tongue: lol

Haha! No worries my friend, you beat me in '90 so we're even! I loved Scouts '89 for sure!

I just read on here that the shows today are so much more complex and the performances are so much better today that I wanted to see what people thought about

how this show would stack up back then. You know, since the show was more like a show back then than many others today.

Honestly, I think they would have placed higher than some of you are giving them credit for. They are far cleaner visually than even Phantom was that year. I think they would have challenged SCV for the visual caption. GE would have been a mixed bag.

I think they would have been right around 4th or 5th .... with the only thing hurting them being GE. Execution is better now than back then .. but there was leniency given for the "Passion vs. Precision" balance back then. Rough around the edges was not only ok .. it was expected in order to connect with the crowd.