Prelims!

Nice opening drill by the Vanguard Cadets. The brass sounds good, but doesn't seem very loud for their size.

They're doing some WC-style body movement during standstills. Symmetric drill so far, which fits the theme.

This show is starting to feel like Cadets 07. It has the same pacing. Voice says something, corps does something related that builds to a show-offy impact moment. Voice says something else, corps does something else that builds to a show-offy impact moment. The voice here is all pre-recorded, though.

They have broken the all-symmetric drill after the opener. The visuals are definitely a step above the typical OC corps, and some WC corps.

Very impressive performance overall. The brass sounded pretty worn out by the end, which is not surprising given the drill they were doing. This show had the most voice in it by far today, but I don't remember noticing any other synth standing out, FWIW.

Edited by skywhopper

So far:

66.55 (-18.80) Yokohama Scouts

65.80 (-21.05) Genesis

64.35 (-21.80) 7th Regiment

62.20 (-22.60) Music City

61.30 (-18.90) Jubal

57.50 (-24.40) Raiders

56.60 (-22.60) Forte

54.30 (-24.85) Colt Cadets

51.75 (-20.35) Les Stentors

48.40 (-21.15) Racine Scouts

44.20 (-18.85) Blue Saints

41.35 (-15.25) Spirit of New Jersey

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 3

I've not seen the Oregon Crusaders show... 30 yard diameter full moon is on the field. Recorded voice opens the show.

Opening brass hit, very strong. Sounds good. Hey they've got a cymbal line! Cool flutter tongue trumpet solo. Baris sound great in their section feature.

Brass is very loud. A few intonation problems at high volume. Show is very high energy so far. Wow, nice jazzy park and bark! Some sweet drill to end the opener.

More recorded voice about an owl... :huh:

Nice mello and trumpet solos. Was that mello miked? He was very loud for being so far backfield. The voice quotes Goodnight Moon at the end of the ballad.

The visuals don't make as much use of the giant moon on the field as I would expect given its size and contrast with the field. Only the in opening set and the ballad has the drill even reflected that the moon is there.

Wow, incredible drill and they spread the field from G to G. Looked like a closer, but they have now spread the field front to back as well to close with some more recorded narration and a quiet pit feature.

Really impressive show. These guys could definitely compete in World Class. I'm not sure the moon tarp or the recorded voice were necessary, or really added much to the show. There was also a compass rose on the field in the back right that wasn't explained or used in any way that I could tell.

The brass definitely held out better than Vanguard Cadets' did with drill that was at least as demanding if not moreso.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1

So far:

66.55 (-19.80) Yokohama Scouts

65.80 (-20.05) Genesis

64.35 (-21.80) 7th Regiment

62.20 (-22.60) Music City

61.30 (-18.90) Jubal

57.50 (-24.40) Raiders

56.60 (-22.60) Forte

54.30 (-24.85) Colt Cadets

51.75 (-20.35) Les Stentors

48.40 (-21.15) Racine Scouts

44.20 (-18.85) Blue Saints

41.35 (-15.25) Spirit of New Jersey

I got -21.05 for Genesis and -18.70 for Yokohama

I got -21.05 for Genesis and -18.70 for Yokohama

21.05 for Genesis and 18.80 for Yokohama

I laughed pretty hard when the voice-over quoted GOODNIGHT MOON ... are you kidding me? Great corps though, I can see these guys near the mid 70s score-wise.

Based upon the changes we have seen versus Tuesday so far they should be right around a 74.