Prelims!

21.05 for Genesis and 18.80 for Yokohama

Yeah Math. Number differences aren't opinions so someone has to be right, and Im not talking about the judges. :tongue:

Blue Devils B. Opens with a soft pit feature. That is a BIG pit. Looks bigger than some WC corps'.

Official show begins with a battery feature. Much like Vanguard Cadets, you can tell these guys are using lots of WC-style visual ideas.

Opening brass hit: you can tell this is a Blue Devils group. That sound is very distinctive. Soloists are good, but aren't doing standout performances like some from other groups have. A few flubs here and there.

Tubas sound great! Wow! Guard is incredible. Again, you can see BD's influence.

Very nice jazzy solos into big park and blow. The brass ensemble really sounds great. So far, the visual design isn't quite as much fun as Vanguard Cadets or Oregon.

Extended pit/battery feature. Yes, this corps is from Concord. :w00t: Battery sounds awesome, though.

WC-style weird sound/song samples are serving as transitions, rather than the narration lots of other OC corps used. I admit that is less jarring.

Guard flag feature. Not *quite* in sync.

Brass is very loud and very few intonation issues. I think there was some singing under there somewhere, but it didn't last long. Nice closer.

I'd say top OC is definitely between BDB and Oregon. Probably BDB, though. Their show as a whole just hung together better for me. I think they definitely have the potential to jump up to the Teal Sound/Pacific Crest range.

Edited by skywhopper

I wish they would keep up with the scores. Nothing since Genesis!

Revolution.jpg

I'm pretty sure Revolution's going to win. Even Cavies 02 can't catch someone scoring in the mid 600's! :tongue:

Revolution.jpg

I'm pretty sure Revolution's going to win. Even Cavies 02 can't catch someone scoring in the mid 600's! :tongue:

They took something outta the SCV book apparently!

Revolution.jpg

I'm more surprised that BD scored a 0.000, what a strange end to the season

72.60 (-21.60) Vanguard Cadets

69.35 (-22.15) Spartans

66.55 (-18.80) Yokohama Scouts

66.50 (-22.75) Revolution

65.80 (-21.05) Genesis

64.35 (-21.80) 7th Regiment

62.20 (-22.60) Music City

61.30 (-18.90) Jubal

57.50 (-24.40) Raiders

56.60 (-22.60) Forte

54.30 (-24.85) Colt Cadets