Semifinals Webcast chat

Once again Cavies are visually stunning, but this year more than any in recent years I found them musically uninteresting.

Very Cirque du Soleil. Once you have seen them the first couple of times you have seen them all.

• Like 4

okay everyone, lets try to have positive comments only for the next corps.... even though it may be extremely hard for some...

• Like 2

Exactly what I was thinking. Their tubas are quite good this year too, and I see no reason for the synth. Now, if it was used to lay down a bass groove in a percussion feature, I'd be fine, but they don't need it for their hornline at all.

I kinda felt their entire pit was overamped tonight. Maybe that had something to do with the ensemble issues. They also put their amps DIRECTLY in front of the mics on the 35's. Could be a live vs. stream thing ...... but that just makes me worry that the pit will be overbalanced on the dvd's and cd's.

Can't believe crowns score went up and Phantoms down. I expect to see cavies go down as well. Had some big issues with the drill with people sticking way out all over tonight.

I'm not, I felt PR were a little off tonight esp. at the start.

• Like 1

I kinda felt their entire pit was overamped tonight. Maybe that had something to do with the ensemble issues. They also put their amps DIRECTLY in front of the mics on the 35's. Could be a live vs. stream thing ...... but that just makes me worry that the pit will be overbalanced on the dvd's and cd's.

I think that's a relatively easy fix for the sound editing guys and gals...

They are having an AMAZING time with this show :-)

Congrats to your offspring there Corpsband....this show has replaced Triple Crown as my most favorite CC production and most pure fun DC design ever!

Cavaliers are still the masters of drill and spellbinding visual effects. Even without the upside-down gimmick (which is a pretty darned impressive feat, by the way), they would've had my jaw dropping the entire way.

IMO Gaines is the best at guard staging and this is the key to their visual success. Yes the geometrical stuff is cool but ...

The guard is ALWAYS in the right place at the right time to create amazing effect. He makes is look effortless. No one else in DCI is even close.

• Like 1