Semifinals Webcast chat

I have a theory about the visual program. I'm sure no one in the know would ever admit to it either.

I think the lack of visual movement is probably a product of Wayne Downey not wanting to have the visual affect their chances at a brass title.

That might sound like a really rotten statement, but hear me out.

I'm sure David Gibbs could hire anyone he wants to write the drill. The fact is, they've had success with this visual formula. NO ONE CAN REFUTE THAT. Now why would they go a changin when they have no reason to? They know more movement or more advanced staging of the instruments would only affect their block style sound ... they know it would affect the tone quality etc etc etc. So again .. why would they change? Does it mean BD doesn't care about the fans? Who knows. I have my hangups with them for sure .. but at least they're playing some stuff I can enjoy on my iPod for the first time in many seasons.... many many seasons. BD has always been behind the times from a drill standpoint. I don't see it changing unless Gibbs/Downey/ScoJo are all in agreement. Even then, they should give their current drill designer a shot to write something "Out of the BD Box".

Disagree... they have took what you do on a basketball court and made it happen on 100 yards of a football field. Any designer worth his weight in gold knows how hard it is to do.

Now I think it has actually lead to the "chop and paste" style of music we get from BD but no, I disagree with you. If this was the case, they would of fired Murphy in 99 with his backwards oblique to the visitor side 1 corner.

I think the current beef people have with BD is 100% because they don't want them winning. Just like people had with Cavies in the early 2000's, you know the shows that Gaines write first and sends to Saucedo to write music to.

Word from the field is.....yup!

Also, in answer to your theory on BD...........................................................................................................:blink:

Don't do it Plan! We can't let the ignorance take hold! :)

C'mon now guys. I dig BD for the most part. My theory isn't a slam at all. I think it makes sense and if I were Wayne I wouldn't want it any differently either. If I were Gibb's, I wouldn't change a successful recipe either. Same said for ScoJo. So why drop the "ignorance" crap on me?

Cadets got this though, per my prediction :)

C'mon now guys. I dig BD for the most part. My theory isn't a slam at all. I think it makes sense and if I were Wayne I wouldn't want it any differently either. If I were Gibb's, I wouldn't change a successful recipe either. Same said for ScoJo. So why drop the "ignorance" crap on me?

Because you sound ignorant.

Disagree... they have took what you do on a basketball court and made it happen on 100 yards of a football field. Any designer worth his weight in gold knows how hard it is to do.

Now I think it has actually lead to the "chop and paste" style of music we get from BD but no, I disagree with you. If this was the case, they would of fired Murphy in 99 with his backwards oblique to the visitor side 1 corner.

I think the current beef people have with BD is 100% because they don't want them winning. Just like people had with Cavies in the early 2000's, you know the shows that Gaines write first and sends to Saucedo to write music to.

That sounded kinda bitter. I have no issue with BD winning .... EVER! So long as they deserve it. I would agree that most now consider BD's visual design to be overscored and have for some years now. I could care less who wins. I just want to see and hear timeless shows that will never be forgotten or deleted.