Semifinals Webcast chat

A member said there were two falls, not sure if both in zipper. He also said a demon snare dropped his sticks and stumbled picking them back up. Ack! If cadets still win tonight, it's a good sign (for cadets fans). If they don't, I guess we have an excuse :-p. I myself am nervous about it. I was there ( still hanging out for scores) and there was just more visual dirt than I'd like.

DAMMMIT!!! You've just increased my heart rate even more!

Dan Potter - the man with the most thankless job of Finals week.

• Like 1

:grouphug::bluedevil: Hey....let me in....and quit talkin' bad about me!!!!!
  • Like 1

The corps marches spectacularly. The corps plays spectacularly. As always, they will maintain their status as the EXECUTION corps. IMO, the design is lacking. Based on that premise (not fact), I came up with a theory as to why BD would never change their formula due to their competitive success. I still have not seen anyone post contradictory information (facts). All i've seen is alot of butthurt alumns and diehard fans that get all bent out of shape when someone has a slightly (SLIGHTLY) negative opinion about a portion of the BD program. Get over it. Is this putting down the organization? I don't think so. It isn't taking away any rings or bragging rights. I'm sure it gets old hearing the same complaints over and over about the visual design. Hmmmm, maybe the complainers have a point. Maybe not. But I did post a logical theory with the subtext of .. why on earth would they change the recipe if it keeps working? You guys need to read between the lines more often instead of stopping on a small set of words that you don't like .. and open up the whine jug.

:thumbup:

And thats fine, as it properly explains your anger and frustration. I'm simply pointing out that the comment that "BD is behind the times in Drill" is simply not borne out by the facts. The judging community certainly doesn't think they are behind the times at all. Quite the contrary as a matter of fact. And why should they change if what they are doing has been working very successfully for them ? Maybe what should be done, is Corps should try and find out what they are doing to win all these Titles, and put together a better product. BD doesn't have to change up much of anything at all it seems to me.

LOL I can't stop laughing thru all of this, so I don't understand the first sentence. Why should they change? Because it would make a large number of us happy... in a warm and fuzzy "I love BD" kinda way. Why shouldn't they change? Because it's not hurting them in the slightest. I think I've already said that about 10 times. I could care less who wins however many titles. Forget my sig .... I'm no homer. I just want to completely love everyone's show. Can't take it me not liking what they are doing visually? Find a better way to change my mind then beat me over the head with a dumb stick.

• Like 2

Not to quote myself .. but does anyone else have thoughts on this theory?

I'm sure you're right: BD's brass plays less and plays less while moving because it lets them achieve more when they do play. As for the visuals, they are winning or coming very close for the past five years, so what's to change? Same with Cavies who use a lot of the same visual and musical ideas every year. It's the corps that are within reach, but go up and down that have the most incentive to try new approaches: Crown, Phantom, SCV, Bluecoats. Cadets is somewhere in the middle, they've been trying new things every other year or so trying to find something that clicks. They won in 2005 and came close in 07 which is why the 06 and 08 shows were extensions of those ideas.

Edited by skywhopper

The only people who use that word are people unable to actually make a point and argument...or preteen girls.

Which is it?

I said I already posted about this in the Prelims thread. If you still want to argue about this crap go read it there. Also, nice hair.

Edited by Danielle