Semi-Finals - Prelims (Difference)

Cavaliers 19.6 - 19.3 (+0.3)

Blue Devils 19.4 - 19.6 (-0.2)

Cadets 19.3 - 19.0 (+0.3)

Carolina Crown 19.2 - 18.3 (+0.9)

SCV 18.8 - 18.8 (0.0)

Bluecoats 18.5 - 18.7 (-0.2)

Edited by Jeffe77

far better run than last night. in the theater people were cringing at Crowns line's performance

Didn't see the show unfortunately, wondering to those who watched both shows. What made the difference if any?

Is there are more hated, distrusted judge in all of DCI than Pipitone?

Maybe Torchia or Czapinski. Maybe that should be the next poll.

• Like 1

I put none of the above, but my real answer is "impossible to tell without being on the field." It's REALLY hard to hear the details of cleanliness from a web stream. If I had to bet, I would bet that tomorrow night's score/ranking would likely be somewhere in between Quarters & Semi's. Quarters score was lower than normal, right? If so, then perhaps they just had a bad run and were closer to their norm at Semis.

I put none of the above, but my real answer is "impossible to tell without being on the field." It's REALLY hard to hear the details of cleanliness from a web stream. If I had to bet, I would bet that tomorrow night's score/ranking would likely be somewhere in between Quarters & Semi's. Quarters score was lower than normal, right? If so, then perhaps they just had a bad run and were closer to their norm at Semis.

The Prelims/Quarter drum score for Crown is what they have been trending. Here are the few shows and where they have scored:

Murfeesboro: 18.80

Salem: 18.50

Warrenton: 18.90

Allentown: 18.60

TOC Grand Finale: 18.50

Prelims: 18.30

Semi's: 19.20

My conclusion is that you can look at it 2 ways, they have been stagnant, finally it all came together and will now surge or the scoring at the semis was a fluke. Hence the reason I bought up this topic.

Edited by Jeffe77

The Prelims/Quarter drum score for Crown is what they have been trending. Here are the few shows and where they have scored:

Murfeesboro: 18.80

Salem: 18.50

Warrenton: 18.90

Allentown: 18.60

TOC Grand Finale: 18.50

Prelims: 18.30

Semi's: 19.20

My conclusion is that you can look at it 2 ways, they have been stagnant, finally it all came together and will now surge or the scoring at the semis was a fluke. Hence the reason I bought up this topic.

Interesting; I hadn't gone back to look at past shows so I wasn't aware of how they've been trending.

This is an interesting development, and without being on the field for Crown and their immediate competition (SCV, Phantom Regiment) it's hard to say.

Even more interesting, is Crown WON the Tech. sub-caption! I can't imagine that's happened all year at a major show. With that in mind, I would be more inclined to think their percussion score might come back down tomorrow night, since in the past Jeff P. has not had them winning Tech previously at big Regionals (Allentown). Maybe JJ was really blown away by the pianist, and maybe Crown was on fire tonight.

We'll see Saturday night if this was a one-time fluke or a late surge w/Crown maxing it all out the final 36 hours of the season

Maybe JJ was really blown away by the pianist, and maybe Crown was on fire tonight.

Interesting thought. I always think about the battery and to a lesser extent the pit when thinking about the percussion scores, but I assume that synth performance is part of the score, too, and Nick Starr does amazing things to those keys.

That said, I don't think any judge would put the percussion music in 4th and then have them tie for 1st in technique unless they really did put on a great performance. So yeah, it's unlikely they'll pull that off again for finals night, but I really doubt it's a judging flub.

WELL DONE CROWN! :thumbup:

The Hell with Crown's drum score. I am happy about Spirit of ATLANTA in 8th.