Random Stats

Here are some random stats if anyone is interested.

(for entertainment purposes only, of course)

Crown wins their second brass trophy, and second caption award of any kind.

The Blue Devils win their 16th Colorguard trophy (10 more than any other corps), and currently have a 4 year winning streak in that caption. They have also won 5 out of the last 6.

The Cavaliers win their 6th percussion trophy, tying the Cadets for 3rd all time. They are also the first non-BD/Regiment corps to win percussion since 2005.

Cadets win their 10th overall title, and 21st top 3 finish, tying SCV for second most total medals.

The Blue Devils finish 2nd for the 8th time, breaking a tie with SCV for most silvers. This is the Blue Devil's 29th top 3 finish (out of 40 DCI championships)

The Cavaliers finish 3rd for the 7th time, just one behind BD and SCV for most bronze medals all time. This is their 18th top 3 finish.

The "Big 3" (Blue Devils, Cadets, and Cavaliers) have now finished 1-2-3 seven times (1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2011).

Carolina Crown has now finished in the top 4 for four straight years.... a feat only 7 other corps (Blue Devils, Cadets, Cavaliers, SCV, Phantom, Madison, Star) have completed.

• Like 7

Another interesting stat in my opinion is that after the Quarters on Thursday and we had the placements of the 17 Corps, over the next 2 nights, with 2 sets of completely new judging panels totaling 16 judges, not a single Corps changed placement positions either up or down. Thats amazing consistency when one considers that its generally accepted by most people that show performance levels generally can change from nite to nite with most Corps. In this case, we had 29 Corps performances ( 17 in Semi's, and 12 in Finals ) and not a single Corps changed placement positions in the 2 days. I find this a most fascinating random stat.

Edited by BRASSO

Another interesting stat in my opinion is that after the Quarters on Thursday and we had the placements of the 17 Corps, over the next 2 nights, with 2 sets of completely new judging panels totaling 16 judges, not a single Corps changed placement positions either up or down. Thats amazing consistency when one considers that its generally accepted by most people that show performance levels generally can change from nite to nite with most Corps. In this case, we had 29 Corps performances ( 17 in Semi's, and 12 in Finals ) and not a single Corps changed placement positions in the 2 days. I find this a most fascinating random stat.

Point made about the top 17 not changing positions after PRELIMS, however there were changes in 19-25 from PRELIMS to semis (there were 25 corps in semis). Cascades and Vanguard Cadets flipped, Teal Sound and Mandarins flipped with Blue Devils B passing both of them.

Now this can either be proof against slotting, or proof of slotting with the OC corps just confusing the issue.

You're only feeding the fire to those who believe in slotting lol

At 0.55, this is The Cadets' 4th largest of their 10 finals victories -- only 1990 (0.8), 1985 (1.2), and 2005 (1.525) are larger. It's also slightly larger than their average finals victory spread (0.5175).

I did some very quick checking, and it looks like this Iike this is the 5th largest GE gap since at least 1983. 3 of the larger gaps also belong to The Cadets (2005, 1985, 1984), the other belongs to Cavies (2002). Though, this was a very quick check...

This is the Blue Devil's 29th top 3 finish (out of 40 DCI championships)

Boom

I like the interesting, quick stats. It took me a minute to read 'em, it probably took you a little longer than that to research them.

Thanks.:cool: