Carolina Crown news

I want to clarify that Marty was not in a coma. I spoke to his assistant band director @ Brother Martin H.S. in New Orleans. They heavily sedated Marty, but he was never in a coma. Marty has a long ways to go for improvement, so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Dennis

Thanks for the clarification. Just so you know where I got my info about Marty being in a Coma: The origonal post from the Facebook page of John Wooton states, "My teacher, business partner, and friend, Marty Hurley, had a stroke this morning and is in a coma in a New Orleans hospital...."

Sad news: Stu has thwarted his own quest to accumulate negative rep on DCP.

This is sad news indeed; and not only have I received all of those green marks I discovered that if you get more than 20 greenies on a single posting you become, wait for it,..."Popular" with a Star in the corner of the posting, Ughhhhhhhh.....

Edited by Stu

This is sad news indeed; and not only have I received all of those green marks I discovered that if you get more than 20 greenies on a single posting you become, wait for it,..."Popular" with a Star in the corner of the posting, Ughhhhhhhh.....

I want to be popular!

• Like 3

I just envisioned you as a high school kid in a movie who just got his heart crushed when the head cheerleader completely ignored his smile :tongue:

Someone gave me a green plus! Someone gave me a green plus!

• Like 7

I think Crown's guard (while I'm sure they will miss him) will be ok.

Very curious to see wear Adam lands next. Is there maroon in the crystal ball?

Only if he is looking for the potential winner of DCI in 2012. I kid, I kid. I highly doubt that he would leave crown for the cadets unless there were some words exchanged mid-season, in which I'm sure DCP would have heard all about.

Also, is this really a loss for Crown? I feel as if their guard is now the aspect of the drum corps that holds them back from a championship. Their marching is vastly improved from their 2007-2010 seasons, their drums are very inconsistent but are pulling their weight alright, and the brass has arrived as the line to beat for the coming seasons. The guard still leaves/left much to be desired.

Then again, I am only the brassEXPERT, not the guardEXPERT.

• Like 1

Only if he is looking for the potential winner of DCI in 2012. I kid, I kid. I highly doubt that he would leave crown for the cadets unless there were some words exchanged mid-season, in which I'm sure DCP would have heard all about.

Also, is this really a loss for Crown? I feel as if their guard is now the aspect of the drum corps that holds them back from a championship. Their marching is vastly improved from their 2007-2010 seasons, their drums are very inconsistent but are pulling their weight alright, and the brass has arrived as the line to beat for the coming seasons. The guard still leaves/left much to be desired.

Then again, I am only the brassEXPERT, not the guardEXPERT.

As Crown has one of the most highly regarded guards in the activity I am not sure what it is that you refer to as leaving much to be desired. Over the last 5 years the corps has average of placing 4th in finals. During that same period of time Crown's guard has average placement of 3.6. Had the guard placed 1st this year, it still would not have been enough to place the over-all corps higher than 4th.

• Like 3

Off to Madison lol.:rolleyes: