BRIDGEPORT SHOW CANCELED 8/27

BRIDGEPORT SHOW CANCELED 8/27

Due to the hurricane and for the safety of our members and fans, the Fanfare 2011 has been canceled.

We thank Bob Bradley and his committee in Bridgeport for their continued support of DCA. We look forward to being back in Bridgeport for Fanfare 2012!

Reading will probably have to follow suit on this.

Donny

• Like 3

Stay safe everyone, hopefully Irene will have cleared out completely before Rochester. Early forecasts predict 83 degrees and sunny.

:ph34r:

Wow! That's not good!

But I agree - better safe than sorry..all reports showing that between now and Monday, this could be a 'storm of the century' type of event..

Hoping all the folks in that area hunker down and stay safe..

Pat

It will be interesting to see if Reading gets their show in..

Thank you!!!

"CT Hurk's" did the right thing. Maybe they could have squezzed in the show. (Who Know's) But, after the show ALL the "Corps" and "Fans" would be traveling (NJ Turnpike, G.S. Parkway, I-95, Penn Tnpk, I-76 and more). AND just about when the Big Storm would be hitting NJ, NY, and Philly area.

SOMETHING The "Buc's" may want to consider. But if they do have it. Hope all turns out to be OK at and AFTER the show.

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

"CT Hurk's" did the right thing. Maybe they could have squezzed in the show. (Who Know's) But, after the show ALL the "Corps" and "Fans" would be traveling (NJ Turnpike, G.S. Parkway, I-95, Penn Tnpk, I-76 and more). AND just about when the Big Storm would be hitting NJ, NY, and Philly area.

SOMETHING The "Buc's" may want to consider. But if they do have it. Hope all turns out to be OK at and AFTER the show.

I have no inside information... I only know what you know, but it is very possible that rain and wind wise both shows could go on tomorrow night... The "calm before the storm" so to speak. I very strongly suspect Reading will go on... it is not near the shore and the location of the hurricane anticipated at 8PM tomorrow is just hitting the outer banks of NC. It's very difficult to predict if the weather conditions in Reading will not allow the show to go on... but it's a long way from NC to Reading... I'm sure there are no states of emergency or evacuation orders in Reading. I wish them nothing but the best...

As for Bridgeport... you're a few blocks from the ocean... Many of the governments in those areas have already declared a state of emergency... Who knows if the damage will warrant that, but who wants to be the one to put millions in a position of danger? Even if it's only a cat 1 when it hits metro NY, can anyone remember a path that close (10 or 15 miles maybe?) to Manhattan? If I'm the mayor of Bridgeport faced with the eye of the hurricane passing just west of the city at 8PM on Sunday... I use the entire weekend to prepare and don't have city services or police tied up Saturday night at a drum corps show in a municipal stadium... not to mention the mess I-95 will be in all directions... It's a very good call on the part of the Hurricanes... (lol talk about a name that works?)